[Lazarus] Screenshot without the gnome applications menu

[Lazarus] Screenshot without the gnome applications menu

Dave Coventry
I am using

  ScreenDC := GetDC(0);
  MyBitmap.LoadFromDevice(ScreenDC);
  ReleaseDC(0,ScreenDC);

To grab a screenshot of my desktop. Is there any way of working out
the size of the gmone application menu so that I can exclude it from
my screen grab?

Re: [Lazarus] Screenshot without the gnome applications menu

Hans-Peter Diettrich
Dave Coventry schrieb:

> I am using
>

>   ScreenDC := GetDC(0);
>   MyBitmap.LoadFromDevice(ScreenDC);
>   ReleaseDC(0,ScreenDC);
>
> To grab a screenshot of my desktop. Is there any way of working out
> the size of the gmone application menu so that I can exclude it from
> my screen grab?

I remember something like Screen.WorkArea, mentioned by Paul a few days ago.

DoDi

Re: [Lazarus] Screenshot without the gnome applications menu

leledumbo
Administrator

Followed by CopyRect-ing the canvas, you got the screenshot.

Re: [Lazarus] Screenshot without the gnome applications menu

Dave Coventry
Thanks, guys.

I located the thread and it was exactly what I was after.