[Lazarus] Run Parameters Dialog

Lars
Hi in the Run Parameters dialog, it appears as though $macros such as
$TargetFile() or the current project directory, etc., don't get
expanded.... Is this by design? Would be nice if they were expanded just
as in the External Tools.  If no one has interest in it now but would find
it useful I could work on a patch. Or if by design it is intended to not
be that way for some reason let me know.

Once again I am trying to launch my app using cmd /k , so that a command
line stays open , and can't find a way to do this with the run parameters
window unless I manually type in project1.exe instead of $TargetFile()

Re: [Lazarus] Run Parameters Dialog

Mattias Gaertner
On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:46:49 -0600
"Lars" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi in the Run Parameters dialog, it appears as though $macros such as
> $TargetFile() or the current project directory, etc., don't get
> expanded....

Please create a bug report.

Re: [Lazarus] Run Parameters Dialog

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, September 23, 2016 12:19 am, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 18:46:49 -0600
> "Lars" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi in the Run Parameters dialog, it appears as though $macros such as
>> $TargetFile() or the current project directory, etc., don't get
>> expanded....
>
> Please create a bug report.

Not sure if it was intended as design.

The designer of Lazarus didn't necessarily need this feature...

I will create one but it could be as designed

Re: [Lazarus] Run Parameters Dialog

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Lars via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The designer of Lazarus didn't necessarily need this feature...

Mattias is the designer of Lazarus. :)

On Mon, September 26, 2016 11:55 pm, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Lars via Lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The designer of Lazarus didn't necessarily need this feature...
>>

> Mattias is the designer of Lazarus. :)

I thought there were more than one designer and it went through several
phases of different people coming and going, hence the name Lazarus which
was revived from the dead, and instead of just one Jesus like person being
revived it was multiple people which makes it Lazaruses rather than
Lazarus

On Wed, September 28, 2016 2:19 pm, Lars wrote:

> On Mon, September 26, 2016 11:55 pm, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Lars via Lazarus
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> The designer of Lazarus didn't necessarily need this feature...
>>>

>> Mattias is the designer of Lazarus. :)

:-) Quote:

"So, three individuals (Cliff Baeseman, Shane Miller, and Michael A. Hess)
began Lazarus in February 1999. Each of these three had tried to get
involved with the Megido project before it dissolved. They started their
own project, Lazarus, out of frustration with their earlier Megido
experience.

The next member of the team was Marc Weustink. He got involved with the
project in August 1999. Marc was looking for a Linux Delphi (at that time
Borland had not developed Kylix). He was also interested in Linux in
general, and joined the Lazarus project for that reason. At the time Marc
joined, Lazarus was not much more than an empty toolbar and some hardcoded
GTK menu items. The editor was still being discussed. Marc is still a core
contributor, with the debugger interface as his pet subproject.

A year after Marc joined Mattias Gaertner got involved (September 2000).
With Mattias as a member of the team the project made a significant move
forward. Mattias ported synedit, and coded large parts of the codetools
and the designer. With these new additions Lazarus began to look more like
it does today. Three years later, Mattias added the package system and has
continued to add further IDE features and enhancements. "

Quote from:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/History

Re: [Lazarus] Run Parameters Dialog

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:19:02 -0600
Lars via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, September 26, 2016 11:55 pm, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Lars via Lazarus
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> The designer of Lazarus didn't necessarily need this feature...
> >>

> > Mattias is the designer of Lazarus. :)
>
> I thought there were more than one designer and it went through several
> phases of different people coming and going, hence the name Lazarus which
> was revived from the dead, and instead of just one Jesus like person being
> revived it was multiple people which makes it Lazaruses rather than
> Lazarus

Yes.
You asked about "The designer of Lazarus" and "this feature". I added
the IDE macros in general and to the run parameters in particular, so
Juha took the chance to answer in a similar manner. Context sensitive.