[Lazarus] Request for merge to 2.0

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Dear maintainers,

may I ask to merge rev 62042 into fixes_2_0 for the next patch release?

This change from 2019 fixed building Lazarus with sparta_DockedFormEditor (see
#34899), which is still broken in 2.0.10.

Juha mentioned in #37968 that the sparta_Generics package will go away once 3.2
is the minimum requirement, but r62042 solves the issue for new FPC while
keeping compat with old. And since the official Windows installers come bundled
with FPC 3.2, the bug occurs with the current distribution.

Thanks,

Martok

Re: [Lazarus] Request for merge to 2.0

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:02 PM Martok via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
may I ask to merge rev 62042 into fixes_2_0 for the next patch release?

There was an attempt to merge it to 2.0.10 but conflicts prevented it. I did not study deeply how to solve them.
There will be no more patch releases for 2.0.x series. The next release will be 2.2.
For now I would recommend Lazarus trunk for you. It works very well now.

Re: [Lazarus] Request for merge to 2.0

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
> There was an attempt to merge it to 2.0.10 but conflicts prevented it. I did not
> study deeply how to solve them.
> There will be no more patch releases for 2.0.x series. The next release will be 2.2.

Ah, right, well that also solves the issue :-)

> For now I would recommend Lazarus trunk for you. It works very well now.

Personally I've been using nothing but trunk of both Lazarus and FPC since some
time during the FPC 2.7 cycle... other, more conservative people have asked me
about this bug and it seemed like a good thing to backport.

Also, sorry about the double message. My mail server gave me an error after
sending the first, but obviously that got through just fine.

Regards,

Martok