[Lazarus] Rebuilding IDE+packages fails

Howard Page-Clark
With the latest Win32 snapshot (revision 29435) I cannot successfully
rebuild the IDE even with 'clean all'. Compilation fails saying

Recompiling fcllaz, checksum changed for RegisterFCL
fcllaz.pas(64,35) Fatal: Can't find unit fcllaz used by PackageSystem

with the fcllaz unit opened in the Editor. Is this a bug, or am I using
the wrong settings?

Re: [Lazarus] Rebuilding IDE+packages fails

Mattias Gaertner
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:09:19 +0000
Howard Page-Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With the latest Win32 snapshot (revision 29435) I cannot successfully
> rebuild the IDE even with 'clean all'. Compilation fails saying
>
> Recompiling fcllaz, checksum changed for RegisterFCL

I don't know if the snapshot installer deletes existing directories. If
not, then you probably still have the old file
packager/registerfcl.pas. The right one is
packager/registration/registerfcl.pas. Delete the old one and compile
clean again.

> fcllaz.pas(64,35) Fatal: Can't find unit fcllaz used by PackageSystem
>
> with the fcllaz unit opened in the Editor. Is this a bug, or am I using
> the wrong settings?

Re: [Lazarus] Rebuilding IDE+packages fails

Hans-Peter Diettrich
Howard Page-Clark schrieb:
> With the latest Win32 snapshot (revision 29435) I cannot successfully
> rebuild the IDE even with 'clean all'. Compilation fails saying
>
> Recompiling fcllaz, checksum changed for RegisterFCL
> fcllaz.pas(64,35) Fatal: Can't find unit fcllaz used by PackageSystem
>
> with the fcllaz unit opened in the Editor. Is this a bug, or am I using
> the wrong settings?

Do you have (relicts of) an older installation on your disks?

I had to delete (or rename) the default Lazarus settings in the user
settings, in order to make the snapshot install the new settings.

Such problems would not occur when Lazarus (and make) would use local
settings, stored in the Lazarus directory. Otherwise old settings in
...user\AppData (or ~/.lazarus...) will get into the way of every new
installation.

DoDi