[Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is working also?

[Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is working also?

lyh1
Just goggling on web about android NDK, and found that Qt on android was
available for a while.
Any Qt expert have a try on it? It would be a shortcut making FPC app
working on Android platform.
http://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/home/

Re: [Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is working also?

Michael Schnell
On 03/28/2011 02:43 PM, lyh1 wrote:
> It would be a shortcut making FPC app working on Android platform.
Such as Lazarus ? ;-)

-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is working also?

lyh1
> From: Michael Schnell <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is
> working also?
>
> On 03/28/2011 02:43 PM, lyh1 wrote:
>> It would be a shortcut making FPC app working on Android platform.
> Such as Lazarus ? ;-)

It is painful to use a 4 inch device for development, but it is fun to see.
I will do some more research later on, and see how Qt  apps work on android
phone.

On 03/29/2011 02:07 AM, lyh1 wrote:
>> Such as Lazarus ? ;-)
>
> It is painful to use a 4 inch device for development, but it is fun to
> see.
> I will do some more research later on, and see how Qt  apps work on
> android phone.

It seems that there are a lot Android devices coming up these days, some
with quite big screens. So it's really viable work you do.

Thanks for this !
-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] Qt is avaliable on Android, so LCL Qt-Arm is working also?

Den Jean
On Tuesday 29 March 2011 02:07:56 lyh1 wrote:
> ;-)
> It is painful to use a 4 inch device for development, but it is fun to see.
> I will do some more research later on, and see how Qt  apps work on
> android  phone.
Running Lazarus on a Maemo (N900) device (4")
is not really usable because all
windows (object inspector, form editor, etc)
get maximized by the Maemo specific window manager.

I also tried running Lazarus on the device, with
the DISPLAY exported to a regular computer,
but I did not have a mouse cursor inside the windows.

Regular cross compiling works nice.

I do not have an android device, but if you need changes
to the binding feel free to ask. Perhaps some
Qt classes or methods are not available on the
Qt Android port, I can e.g. make them conditionally
available in the same way I differentiate between
Linux/Windows/MacOsX/Maemo currently.

regards,

Den Jean