[Lazarus] Qt WS on Raspberry pi 3

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi all,

before starting from scratch, and falling in the same pitfalls someone
else has already learned how to avoid, is there anyone who's already
successfully managed to use the Qt WS on Rasbian for a Rapberry PI 3?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Giuliano

Re: [Lazarus] Qt WS on Raspberry pi 3

On 02/05/18 15:15, Giuliano Colla via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi all,
> before starting from scratch, and falling in the same pitfalls someone
> else has already learned how to avoid, is there anyone who's already
> successfully managed to use the Qt WS on Rasbian for a Rapberry PI 3?
> Thanks in advance for any hint.

When you say "WS" what specifically do you mean? I've run the Qt IDE and
programs compiled for Qt on Raspbian on occasion, and apart from the
usual problems of element spacing being slightly adrift etc. have had no
significant issues that wouldn't be expected on a PC... noting obviously
the current problems that somebody has with VNC, which I don't think is
really a Raspbian issue.

Something like two or maybe three years ago I tried to graft KDE onto
Raspbian and it wasn't entirely successful, but there were other factors
involved (e.g. a 4K screen which was pushing the graphics capability at
the time). Most of the time we run a hybrid of the Raspbian kernel and
Debian apps etc., to a variety of 1080p and 4K screens.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Il 02/05/2018 20:52, Mark Morgan Lloyd via Lazarus ha scritto:

> When you say "WS" what specifically do you mean?

I was meaning compiling (or cross-compiling from) and running Lazarus
applications using the Qt widgetset. From your reply I gather that
you've been successful with Qt designer, and that's already a good
starting point.
Now I'll try to cope with Qt bindings for Lazarus. If I stumble into
issues I'll ask again for support.
For the moment many thanks for your feedback.
Giuliano