[Lazarus] ProjectGroups: fixed LPG XML structure

[Lazarus] ProjectGroups: fixed LPG XML structure

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

I just fixed the XML structure of LPG project group files. Old files
will be loaded correctly but the new LPG file cannot be opened in a
legacy Lazarus installation.

AFAIK project groups are usable only in trunk so this does not matter
(?) Otherwise we would need some legacy option checkbox like it is in
the LPI project files.

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] ProjectGroups: fixed LPG XML structure

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:29:10 +0100
Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just fixed the XML structure of LPG project group files.

What was the bug?

> Old files
> will be loaded correctly but the new LPG file cannot be opened in a
> legacy Lazarus installation.
>
> AFAIK project groups are usable only in trunk so this does not matter
> (?) Otherwise we would need some legacy option checkbox like it is in
> the LPI project files.

Don't forget to add it to
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.2.0_release_notes

On 15.11.2019 21:53, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:29:10 +0100
> Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just fixed the XML structure of LPG project group files.
> What was the bug?

1.) The <Mode?> elements were not placed within the <BuildModes> element.

2.) I updated the structure like I did for the LPI files:

>> Old files
>> will be loaded correctly but the new LPG file cannot be opened in a
>> legacy Lazarus installation.
>>
>> AFAIK project groups are usable only in trunk so this does not matter
>> (?) Otherwise we would need some legacy option checkbox like it is in
>> the LPI project files.
> Don't forget to add it to
> https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.2.0_release_notes

Thanks for the reminder. I'll update the page about both LPG and LPI files.

Ondrej