[Lazarus] Profiling with Valgrind

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
There is a wiki page about profiling, edited by many people:
It explains the usage of Valgrind among other profilers. There is a section:
---

You can also profile only specific parts of your program. For example you can start the program with

 valgrind --instr-atstart=no ./myprogram --options --to --my --program
---
It is not correct. I try to profile Lazarus project but Valgrind gives an error:
 valgrind: Unknown option: --instr-atstart=no
If I start without parameters like:
 $ valgrind ./lazarus
it uses the mem tool. What is the right syntax for starting Valgrind without a tool?

I have Manjaro linux and Valgrind version 3.16.1.
I have used Valgrind earlier but forgot many details.

Re: [Lazarus] Profiling with Valgrind

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Actually it is :
 $ valgrind --tool=callgrind --instr-atstart=no ./lazarus &
The tool must be defined there. I fixed the wiki page.

Re: [Lazarus] Profiling with Valgrind

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
There is another wiki page about Valgrind :
It is not very good. It does not even mention the callgrind tool. What more, the page name is "Debugging with Valgrind" while it should be "Profiling with Valgrind".
If somebody wants to improve instructions for profiling, please remove this Valgrind page after maybe merging useful information to the comprehensive Profiling page.