[Lazarus] Problem installing package from OLPM on Raspbian

[Lazarus] Problem installing package from OLPM on Raspbian

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
The system I have is running Raspbian Buster on an RPi4B with 4GB RAM.
I use FPC 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.4

Today I was going to transfer a project from Windows to Raspbian
through Subversion and then I needed to install some dependencies into
Lazarus too.
Specifically I used Online Package Manager from the Package menu to
find and install UniqueInstance.

The process ran for a while then asked me if I wanted to rebuild
Lazarus IDE, which I replied yes to and after a little while it
stopped with a displayed message:
Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors 1
Fatal: Unit IDECmdLine searched but LazConf found

At this point the IDE is still visible on screen but totally
unresponsive, cannot even be closed and no menus respond to mouse
clicks.

In a terminal I can see this:
pi@rpi4-gui:~ $ ps aux |grep lazarus
pi       31262  0.0  0.5  38492 23992 ?        S    22:53   0:00
/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.4/startlazarus --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.4
pi       31264  3.8  2.2 146760 89456 ?        Sl   22:53   0:48
/home/pi/dev/lazarus/2.0.4/lazarus --no-splash-screen
--started-by-startlazarus --pcp=/home/pi/.lazarus_2.0.4
--force-new-instance

What is the cause of this problem and what can I do to solve it?

Kill lazarus via terminal or what?

Re: [Lazarus] Problem installing package from OLPM on Raspbian

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 23:17:08 +0100, Bo Berglund via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>At this point the IDE is still visible on screen but totally
>unresponsive, cannot even be closed and no menus respond to mouse
>clicks.

And it is repeatable too...
If I kill the lazarus process launched from Lazarus to rebuild itself
both lazaus instances unload and the screen is empty.
If I then start over by starting Lazarus and this time creating a new
project to get away from my working code for the previous project the
exact same thing happens when I try to install UniqueInstance from
OnLine Package Manager.
Lazarus locks up.....

Why?

Note: I interact with the desktop on the RPi4 box via RealVNC.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

>What is the cause of this problem and what can I do to solve it?
>
>Kill lazarus via terminal or what?

So this is what I did to get the system running:

- killed lazarus so it was not running in hanged state
- In a terminal I did:
pi@rpi4-gui:~/dev/lazarus/2.0.4 $ time make bigide OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF
FPC=/home/pi/bin/ppcarm

After 6 minutes it was done and then I opened Lazarus and used OLPM to
install the uniqueinstance package.

This time the rebuild of the Lazarus IDE succeeded and the package
icon was installed into the System tab.

It seems like lazarus is now ready to be used.

So I opened the project I migrated from svn and tried to build it.
Now I got this message:

Compile Project, Target: ssmonitorctrl: Success, Warnings: 12, Hints:
ssmonitorctrl.lpr(73,28) Warning: "crtbegin.o" not found, this will
probably cause a linking failure
ssmonitorctrl.lpr(73,28) Warning: "crtend.o" not found, this will
probably cause a linking failure

It seems like something needs to be done "somewhere" in order to fix
this warning (I have not seen it in a long time), but where?

I don't really know why this all happened, but it might have something
to do with me moving the complete fpc/lazarus installation from one
SDcard to another with a fresh operating system installed.

I have installed FPC and  Lazarus from sources downloaded via
subversion and done this entirely in the user pi home directory. I
spent some time on figuring out how to confine these tools entirely
into the home dir so as not to depend on any stuff outside home except
for the dependencies installed by apt.
All of the dependencies I know of were installed into the new
operating system before I copied over the home dirs.
And it seemed to work just fine until tye IDE rebuild.

Now I wonder if the lazarus "make bigide" puts or modifies stuff
outside of the home dir, which I then have failed to copy in from the
old installation? The make seems to have corrected whatever problöem
was causing the crash...

And is there really something outside of home that fpc or lazarus
depends on and is not part of the operating system???