[Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I cannot build current lazarus trunk on MacOSX, 64bits, not sure if the
problem is because of my build environment or not.

I have successfully build lazarus for a very long time with the steps I do.


When I rebuild lazarus I get this error message:

Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

when compiling LazUtils.


I can workarround the problem by removing the following lines from
lazutils.lpk:

         <CompilerMessages>
           <IgnoredMessages idx6058="True"/>
         </CompilerMessages>


I do not see an obvious problem in my buildsystem:

lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppc386 ->
../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppc386
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppcx64 ->
../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppcx64

lrwxr-xr-x  1 ring  staff  25 24 Jun 11:49 /usr/local/bin/lazbuild ->
../share/lazarus/lazbuild

ppcx64 points to fpc 3.0.4 which is last official version so I guess all
is fine.

Any ideas?


Michael


Here's more detail on what I am doing:

I first build lazarus with the following command:

LCL_PLATFORM=cocoa
CPU_TARGET=x86_64
COMPILERSWITCH="--compiler=ppcx64"

make clean all CPU_TARGET=$CPU_TARGET LCL_PLATFORM=$LCL_PLATFORM
OPT="-dLCLScaleForms -k'-framework' -k'ApplicationServices'" || exit 1

then I install lazarus to destination directory:


sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/lazarus
sudo make install CPU_TARGET=$CPU_TARGET LCL_PLATFORM=$LCL_PLATFORM

and then rebuild lazarus with lazbuild:


sudo chown -R ring:staff /usr/local/share/lazarus
lazbuild --build-ide= --ws=$LCL_PLATFORM --cpu=$CPU_TARGET $COMPILERSWITCH

When rebuild starts I get this error message:

Info: (lazarus) Execute Title="Compile package LazUtils 1.0"
Info: (lazarus) Working
Directory="/usr/local/share/lazarus/components/lazutils/"
Info: (lazarus) Executable="/usr/local/bin/fpc"
Info: (lazarus) Param[0]="-B"
Info: (lazarus) Param[1]="-MObjFPC"
Info: (lazarus) Param[2]="-Scghi"
Info: (lazarus) Param[3]="-O1"
Info: (lazarus) Param[4]="-gw"
Info: (lazarus) Param[5]="-gl"
Info: (lazarus) Param[6]="-l"
Info: (lazarus) Param[7]="-vewnhibq"
Info: (lazarus) Param[8]="-vm6058"
Info: (lazarus)
Param[9]="-Fu/usr/local/share/lazarus/packager/units/x86_64-darwin"
Info: (lazarus) Param[10]="-Fu/usr/local/share/lazarus/components/lazutils/"
Info: (lazarus)
Param[11]="-FU/usr/local/share/lazarus/components/lazutils/lib/x86_64-darwin/"
Info: (lazarus) Param[12]="-O2"
Info: (lazarus) Param[13]="-g-"
Info: (lazarus) Param[14]="-Xs"
Info: (lazarus) Param[15]="lazutils.pas"

Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058
Hint: (11007) -? writes help pages
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 24.06.2018 um 12:07 schrieb Michael Ring via Lazarus:

> I cannot build current lazarus trunk on MacOSX, 64bits, not sure if the problem is because of my build environment or not.
>
> I have successfully build lazarus for a very long time with the steps I do.
>
>
> When I rebuild lazarus I get this error message:
>
> Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058
>
> when compiling LazUtils.
>
>
> I can workarround the problem by removing the following lines from lazutils.lpk:
>
>          <CompilerMessages>
>            <IgnoredMessages idx6058="True"/>
>          </CompilerMessages>
>
>
> I do not see an obvious problem in my buildsystem:
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppc386 -> ../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppc386
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppcx64 -> ../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppcx64
>
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 ring  staff  25 24 Jun 11:49 /usr/local/bin/lazbuild -> ../share/lazarus/lazbuild
>
> ppcx64 points to fpc 3.0.4 which is last official version so I guess all is fine.
>
> Any ideas?

This error message is 3.1.1+ only.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Are you 100% sure that this message is 3.1.1+ only?
Please look at the output below, the error is reported for
/usr/local/bin/ppcx64, and when I do a version check on that file it
returns 3.0.4

Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058
Hint: (11007) -? writes help pages
Error: /usr/local/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode
Error: (lazarus) Compile package LazUtils 1.0: stopped with exit code 256

/usr/local/bin/ppcx64 -iW
3.0.4

Am 24.06.18 um 13:00 schrieb Florian Klämpfl via Lazarus:

> Am 24.06.2018 um 12:07 schrieb Michael Ring via Lazarus:
>> I cannot build current lazarus trunk on MacOSX, 64bits, not sure if
>> the problem is because of my build environment or not.
>>
>> I have successfully build lazarus for a very long time with the steps
>> I do.
>>
>>
>> When I rebuild lazarus I get this error message:
>>
>> Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058
>>
>> when compiling LazUtils.
>>
>>
>> I can workarround the problem by removing the following lines from
>> lazutils.lpk:
>>
>>          <CompilerMessages>
>>            <IgnoredMessages idx6058="True"/>
>>          </CompilerMessages>
>>
>>
>> I do not see an obvious problem in my buildsystem:
>>
>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppc386
>> -> ../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppc386
>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  staff       23  4 Dez  2017 /usr/local/bin/ppcx64
>> -> ../lib/fpc/3.0.4/ppcx64
>>
>> lrwxr-xr-x  1 ring  staff  25 24 Jun 11:49 /usr/local/bin/lazbuild ->
>> ../share/lazarus/lazbuild
>>
>> ppcx64 points to fpc 3.0.4 which is last official version so I guess
>> all is fine.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> This error message is 3.1.1+ only.
>

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Michael Ring via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you 100% sure that this message is 3.1.1+ only?

He probably means that a message with id 6058 only exists in 3.1.1, so
you cannot suppress it using -vm6058 in earlier versions?

Bart
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 24.06.2018 um 20:12 schrieb Bart via Lazarus:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Michael Ring via Lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Are you 100% sure that this message is 3.1.1+ only?
>
> He probably means that a message with id 6058 only exists in 3.1.1, so
> you cannot suppress it using -vm6058 in earlier versions?

Yes.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In reply to this post by Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 13:00:06 +0200
Florian Klämpfl via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> > Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058
> >
> > when compiling LazUtils.
>[...]
> This error message is 3.1.1+ only.

My fpc 3.0.4 simply ignores the parameter.
What compiler flavor shows this error?


Mattias
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> My fpc 3.0.4 simply ignores the parameter.
> What compiler flavor shows this error?

3.0.4rc1 does (never got to updating that to the actual 3.0.4 release).

C:\Users\Bart\LazarusProjecten\ConsoleProjecten>fpc -vm6058 test.pas
Error: Illegal parameter: -vm6058
Error: C:\devel\fpc\3.0.4\bin\i386-Win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode

Bart
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:45:54 +0200
Bart via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > My fpc 3.0.4 simply ignores the parameter.
> > What compiler flavor shows this error?  
>
> 3.0.4rc1 does (never got to updating that to the actual 3.0.4 release).
>
> C:\Users\Bart\LazarusProjecten\ConsoleProjecten>fpc -vm6058 test.pas  
> Error: Illegal parameter: -vm6058
> Error: C:\devel\fpc\3.0.4\bin\i386-Win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode

I removed the option.

Mattias
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Problem compiling trunk LazUtils Error: (11006) Illegal parameter: -vm6058

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Thank you!

Things are back to normal now, Lazarus builds and installs & rebuilds
just fine.

Michael


Am 25.06.18 um 09:20 schrieb Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 23:45:54 +0200
> Bart via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> My fpc 3.0.4 simply ignores the parameter.
>>> What compiler flavor shows this error?
>> 3.0.4rc1 does (never got to updating that to the actual 3.0.4 release).
>>
>> C:\Users\Bart\LazarusProjecten\ConsoleProjecten>fpc -vm6058 test.pas
>> Error: Illegal parameter: -vm6058
>> Error: C:\devel\fpc\3.0.4\bin\i386-Win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode
> I removed the option.
>
> Mattias

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus