[Lazarus] Package IDE Spotter renamed to IDE Scout

[Lazarus] Package IDE Spotter renamed to IDE Scout

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

It was brought to our attention that the word 'spotter' has some criminal
connotations.

This was - entirely coincidental - confirmed in an article in my newspaper yesterday ;)

So the IDE Spotter package has been renamed to IDE Scout.
If you installed the package, you will get a warning from lazarus that the
IDESpotter  package cannot be found and that a dummy package has been
created.

In the lazarus package installation dialog, deinstall IDE Spotter (it will
still be listed) and install the IDE scout package, then recompile lazarus.

If you want to keep any settings you adjusted, you will need to
rename the idespotter.xml file to idescout.xml in the lazarus configuration directory.

Re: [Lazarus] Package IDE Spotter renamed to IDE Scout

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I see truncated label "Default width" in Scout opts: screenshot.

cropped-txt.png (16K) Download Attachment