[Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Good day everyone.
 
Recently I've recognized some problems with ProductVersion field in the integrated Lazarus support of VersionInfo. Version of Lazarus is 1.6.4.
 
Attached patch fixes them. It's based on Lazarus codebase from the 1.6.4 release.
 
And also, you're have an typo on this page: https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=contact
 
For reporting Isues
 
instead of
 
For reporting Issues
 
Hope that all this stuff will be useful.
 
_____
 
Dmitry D. Chernov
"And sorry for my bad English"

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus

Fix-problems-with-writing-ProductVersion.patch (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Чернов Дмитрий via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Good day everyone.
>
> Recently I've recognized some problems with ProductVersion field in the
> integrated Lazarus support of VersionInfo. Version of Lazarus is 1.6.4.
>
> Attached patch fixes them. It's based on Lazarus codebase from the 1.6.4
> release.

Thanks. I applied it in r55968 with some editing.
It is recommended to create patches always from SVN trunk (development
version). Now the patch fortunately applied with offsets.
Also please create a patch from the source root directory.
---
[lazarus_trunk]$ cd ide
[ide]$ patch -p1 < ~/patch/Fix-problems-with-writing-ProductVersion.patch
patching file w32versioninfo.pas
Hunk #1 succeeded at 427 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 451 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 515 (offset 3 lines).
---

What do you think of this?
  https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32333
Patches are welcome also for it.


> And also, you're have an typo on this page:
> https://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=contact

Thanks. I fixed the typo in lazaruswebsite repo in r172.
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/WebPageDevelopment

The actual web page will be updated later together with 1.8 release
related changes.

Juha
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
04.10.2017, 04:30, "Juha Manninen via Lazarus" <[hidden email]>:
 
> Thanks. I applied it in r55968 with some editing.
 
> Thanks. I fixed the typo in lazaruswebsite repo in r172.
>   http://wiki.freepascal.org/WebPageDevelopment
Thank you. But please don't write my name in Cyrillic anymore. ;-)
 
> It is recommended to create patches always from SVN trunk (development
> version). Now the patch fortunately applied with offsets.
> Also please create a patch from the source root directory.
 
I know, and I sorry - just got some problems when tried to deploy SVN under shitdows, so I decided to make patch using Git.
 
> What do you think of this?
>   https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32333
> Patches are welcome also for it.
 
I'll try to implement this later. But I don't promise.
 
_____
 
Dmitry D. Chernov
 

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 10/03/2017 06:09 PM, Чернов Дмитрий via Lazarus wrote:
> Thank you. But please don't write my name in Cyrillic anymore. ;-)


do you mean like above in the quote header? the characters that arrived here as
depicted in juha's post and your original??


--
  NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
        *Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
        *a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
No, I mean, like in my signature, "Dmitry D. Chernov".
Anyway that's not critical.
 
_____
 
Dmitry D. Chernov
 
 
04.10.2017, 12:45, "wkitty42--- via Lazarus" <[hidden email]>:

On 10/03/2017 06:09 PM, Чернов Дмитрий via Lazarus wrote:

 Thank you. But please don't write my name in Cyrillic anymore. ;-)



do you mean like above in the quote header? the characters that arrived here as
depicted in juha's post and your original??

 

--
  NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
        *Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
        *a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi Dmitry,

On 04/10/17 03:51, Dmitry D. Chernov via Lazarus wrote:
> No, I mean, like in my signature, "Dmitry D. Chernov". Anyway that's
> not critical.
>
> _____
>
> Dmitry D. Chernov
>

Waldo meant to say : the cyrylic characters have been that way in your original email,
as you can also see below in my reply,

as in, nobody took to 'write your name in Cyrillic' 'by hand',
it's all through 'machine copy' of your original content.

Hope this helps

-L.


>
> 04.10.2017, 12:45, "wkitty42--- via Lazarus"
> <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On 10/03/2017 06:09 PM, Чернов Дмитрий via Lazarus wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. But please don't write my name in Cyrillic anymore. ;-)
>>
>>
>>
>> do you mean like above in the quote header? the characters that
>> arrived here as depicted in juha's post and your original??
>>
>>
>>
>> -- NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
>> *Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless* *a signed and
>> pre-paid contract is in effect with us.* --
>> _______________________________________________ Lazarus mailing
>> list [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
>
>


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] [PATCH] Fix problems with writing ProductVersion in VersionInfo

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 10/04/2017 04:05 AM, el es via Lazarus wrote:

> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On 04/10/17 03:51, Dmitry D. Chernov via Lazarus wrote:
>> No, I mean, like in my signature, "Dmitry D. Chernov". Anyway that's
>> not critical.
>>
>> _____
>>
>> Dmitry D. Chernov
>>
>
> Waldo meant to say : the cyrylic characters have been that way in your original email,
> as you can also see below in my reply,
>
> as in, nobody took to 'write your name in Cyrillic' 'by hand',
> it's all through 'machine copy' of your original content.


yes, thanks... i brief wording may have been confusing...


--
  NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
        *Please keep mailing list traffic on the list unless*
        *a signed and pre-paid contract is in effect with us.*
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus