[Lazarus] Online Package Manager list behaviour

[Lazarus] Online Package Manager list behaviour

On a mac, lazarus 2.0.6:
When I scroll the Online Package manager list of packages with the trackpad
of the mac, then the list scrolls a couple of items and then jumps back to
the item that was displayed initially.
So it is impossible to scroll. e..g. to the end of the list.

If I use the scrollbar at the right, then it works as expected and I can
scroll to the end of the list.

Anyone else having this behaviour ?

Re: [Lazarus] Online Package Manager list behaviour

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi Michael,

When I scroll the Online Package manager list of packages with the trackpad
of the mac, then the list scrolls a couple of items and then jumps back to
the item that was displayed initially.
So it is impossible to scroll. e..g. to the end of the list.

If I use the scrollbar at the right, then it works as expected and I can
scroll to the end of the list.

Anyone else having this behaviour ?
Unfortunately I'm not a mac user, I have no idea why the trackpad is misbehaving. If you know the package name, there is a filter window in the top of the form.
Alternatively you can also use incremental search in the package tree.

regards,
Balázs

Hi,

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, Balázs Székely via lazarus wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> When I scroll the Online Package manager list of packages with the trackpad
>> of the mac, then the list scrolls a couple of items and then jumps back to
>> the item that was displayed initially.
>> So it is impossible to scroll. e..g. to the end of the list.
>>
>> If I use the scrollbar at the right, then it works as expected and I can
>> scroll to the end of the list.
>>
>> Anyone else having this behaviour ?
>>
> Unfortunately I'm not a mac user, I have no idea why the trackpad is
> misbehaving. If you know the package name, there is a filter window in the
> top of the form.
> Alternatively you can also use incremental search in the package tree.
I don't know the package name. I wanted to browse to see what is available.

What control is the list using ? Virtual treeview ?