[Lazarus] Oddity in uninstalling packages

[Lazarus] Oddity in uninstalling packages

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Just updated to the current trunk where I presume virtual tree view has
been added. Starting lazarus (trunk from a few days ago) gives an error
message about it not being found, and creates a dummy package. Trying to
rebuild lazarus then fails as virtualtreeview is absent. I didn't think
I needed it, so I try uninstalling it (double click on the package in
the package graph and select uninstall) but it prompts to save a file,
which seems very counter-intuitive - I don't want it, so why should I
save it?

(Allowing the save to proceed and then building again reveals that the
package is required by the package manager, and opening the virtual tree
view package in the components directory allows the build to proceed.)

Colin