[Lazarus] OT: thunderbird 68 (linux) and column From

[Lazarus] OT: thunderbird 68 (linux) and column From

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Strange behaviour of newest thunderbird 68.8.1 on Deepin Linux:

See Column "von" . I'm used to see the sender-Name there

Googled with no succes :-(

Anybody else has this issue?

Regards

John

Re: [Lazarus] OT: thunderbird 68 (linux) and column From

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Thanks for your reply but "Correspondants"is just the same!!

Have to think just more about this issue!

John

On 28/05/2020 12:51, John Landmesser via lazarus wrote:

Strange behaviour of newest thunderbird 68.8.1 on Deepin Linux:

See Column "von" . I'm used to see the sender-Name there

Googled with no succes :-(

Check if you have an "address book entry" for that mail address.
If you do, it will lead to that effect, because it will likely display the entry name, rather than whats in the actual mail.

Technically all mails come from [hidden email]
But the do include the difference sender's names alongside the email address.

Matching the address book, ignores the names, and uses only the email.

Re: [Lazarus] OT: thunderbird 68 (linux) and column From

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Thats it!!!!

Deleted every item in Address-book containing "Lazarus"

Would have taklen me years to realize that!

Thanks again

John