[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

[Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On my other Catalina Mac I cannot install LLDB FPDebug.  I get the
following error when I rebuild the IDE with fpdebug and laz...fplldb
packages:

    Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 3
    Error: ld: framework not found Cocoa
    make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
    Error: make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
    An error occurred while linking
    Error: Error while linking

Xcode 11.1 is installed so I assume the Cocoa Framework (only needed for
programming or for Macos too?) is installed too.   Please advise.

Re: [Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:36:54 -0500
Dan Star via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On my other Catalina Mac I cannot install LLDB FPDebug.  I get the
> following error when I rebuild the IDE with fpdebug and laz...fplldb
> packages:
>
>     Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 3
>     Error: ld: framework not found Cocoa
>     make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
>     make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>     Error: make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>     An error occurred while linking
>     Error: Error while linking
>
> Xcode 11.1 is installed so I assume the Cocoa Framework (only needed
> for programming or for Macos too?) is installed too.   Please advise.

I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina

executed "xcode-select --install"

And then to find the crt1.10.5 I changed in /etc/fpc.cfg the -Fl behind
"#ifdef cpux86_64" from
-Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchain...
-Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/

Now Lazarus can compile itself.

On Oct 31, 2019, at 7:40 AM, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:36:54 -0500
> Dan Star via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On my other Catalina Mac I cannot install LLDB FPDebug.  I get the
>> following error when I rebuild the IDE with fpdebug and laz...fplldb
>> packages:
>>
>>    Build IDE: Exit code 2, Errors: 3
>>    Error: ld: framework not found Cocoa
>>    make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
>>    make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>>    Error: make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
>>    An error occurred while linking
>>    Error: Error while linking
>>
>> Xcode 11.1 is installed so I assume the Cocoa Framework (only needed
>> for programming or for Macos too?) is installed too.   Please advise.
>
> I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina
>
> executed "xcode-select --install"
>
> And then to find the crt1.10.5 I changed in /etc/fpc.cfg the -Fl behind
> "#ifdef cpux86_64" from
> -Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchain...
> -Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/
>
> Now Lazarus can compile itself.

What are the correct file permissions on /etc/fpc.cfg?

Re: [Lazarus] OSX 64 bit Cocoa + Catalina Installer

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 10:30:03 -0500
Dan Star via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> > I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina
> >
> > executed "xcode-select --install"
> >
> > And then to find the crt1.10.5 I changed in /etc/fpc.cfg the -Fl
> > behind "#ifdef cpux86_64" from
> > -Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchain...
> > -Fl/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib/
> >
> > Now Lazarus can compile itself.
>
> What are the correct file permissions on /etc/fpc.cfg?

root wheel 644