[Lazarus] Nice error in IDE - missing form resource

[Lazarus] Nice error in IDE - missing form resource

Michael Van Canneyt

Hi,

When I click 'check consistency' in the Key mappings page of the options dialog,
I get a nice error that the form's resources cannot be found.

See attached screenshot.

Reproducable with today's lazarus.

error.png (20K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Nice error in IDE - missing form resource

Juha Manninen
Michael Van Canneyt kirjoitti lauantai, 26. maaliskuuta 2011 21:43:19:
> When I click 'check consistency' in the Key mappings page of the options
> dialog, I get a nice error that the form's resources cannot be found.

I can reproduce it when I first select another mapping scheme (Classic) and
then 'check consistency'.

> See attached screenshot.
>
> Reproducable with today's lazarus.

I actually saw it earlier when I played with the key mappings. Then I was busy
and didn't pay attention. I could look at it now...

Re: [Lazarus] Nice error in IDE - missing form resource

Juha Manninen
Michael Van Canneyt kirjoitti lauantai, 26. maaliskuuta 2011 21:43:19:
> When I click 'check consistency' in the Key mappings page of the options
> dialog, I get a nice error that the form's resources cannot be found.

r30021, I fixed it like this:

constructor TKeyMapErrorsForm.Create(AnOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited CreateNew(AnOwner);

calling "inherited CreateNew" instead of "inherited Create".
It works but looks little stupid. Is this the best way to fix it?

Anyway it works now.
The problem happened when there actually were conflicts in the key mapping.

Re: [Lazarus] Nice error in IDE - missing form resource

Mattias Gaertner
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:47:30 +0200
"Juha (gmail)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt kirjoitti lauantai, 26. maaliskuuta 2011 21:43:19:
> > When I click 'check consistency' in the Key mappings page of the options
> > dialog, I get a nice error that the form's resources cannot be found.
>
> r30021, I fixed it like this:
>
> constructor TKeyMapErrorsForm.Create(AnOwner: TComponent);
> begin
>   inherited CreateNew(AnOwner);
>
> calling "inherited CreateNew" instead of "inherited Create".
> It works but looks little stupid. Is this the best way to fix it?

Yes.