[Lazarus] New tool sspell for pascal programmers

[Lazarus] New tool sspell for pascal programmers

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi all,

I've just finished working on a tool called sspell (stands for source code spell checker) for a project of mine. This tool extracts text from comments and string literals in source code files and checks them for spelling. Very useful in my case when you have a lot of resourcestrings, comments or literals in your source code.

Please note that I have written this tool only in a couple of hours and bugs may certainly be present. Also there are a number of features missing and improvements pending (some of them mentioned in the readme on the project page).

However I would like to share the tool with anyone interested already at this early stage. All relevant files are present here: https://github.com/daar/sspell for anyone to review and comment

If you find this tool interesting and would like to contribute, please either send me a patch or make a pull request. Remarks can be directed to this ML.

Enjoy!

Rgds, Darius

Re: [Lazarus] New tool sspell for pascal programmers

On 24.07.2017 04:07, Darius Blaszyk via Lazarus wrote:
> This tool extracts text from comments and string literals in source
> code files and checks them for spelling. Very useful

It is already doable in CudaText editor:

- install plugin SpellChecker [not ready for Win64]

- open Pas file, call spell-checker plugin

- it hilites only errs in comments/strings (and can call suggestion dlg
to fix em).

Alexey

Re: [Lazarus] New tool sspell for pascal programmers

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 12:34:46 +0300
Alexey via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24.07.2017 04:07, Darius Blaszyk via Lazarus wrote:
> > This tool extracts text from comments and string literals in source
> > code files and checks them for spelling. Very useful
>
> It is already doable in CudaText editor:
>
> - install plugin SpellChecker [not ready for Win64]
>
> - open Pas file, call spell-checker plugin
>
> - it hilites only errs in comments/strings (and can call suggestion dlg
> to fix em).

How does it hilite? Within the source editor?

Alexey via Lazarus schreef op 24 jul '17:

> On 24.07.2017 04:07, Darius Blaszyk via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> This tool extracts text from comments and string literals in source
>> code files and checks them for spelling. Very useful
>
> It is already doable in CudaText editor:
>
> - install plugin SpellChecker [not ready for Win64]
>
> - open Pas file, call spell-checker plugin
>
> - it hilites only errs in comments/strings (and can call suggestion dlg
> to fix em).

Quite a lot of modern code editors have such a feature already, which is
good. However, this means that one needs to manually point and click
each highlighted error. Sspell will make it possible to interactively
scan a file or even a complete folder recursively and fix errors as they
are detected.

Rgds, Darius