[Lazarus] Move simple types away from Graphics unit

[Lazarus] Move simple types away from Graphics unit

Alexander Klenin
I am trying to write widgetset-independent version of TAChart
(and encourage BGRABitmap author to do the same).

To achieve that, Graphics unit should be removed from the dependencies.
However, it contains various enumerations which I would like to continue using.
For example: TFontStyle, TFontStyles, TPenEndCap, TPenJoinStyle.

I would like those definitions moved to GraphType or, better yet, to FPCanvas.

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] Move simple types away from Graphics unit

Michael Van Canneyt

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Alexander Klenin wrote:

> I am trying to write widgetset-independent version of TAChart
> (and encourage BGRABitmap author to do the same).
>
> To achieve that, Graphics unit should be removed from the dependencies.
> However, it contains various enumerations which I would like to continue using.
> For example: TFontStyle, TFontStyles, TPenEndCap, TPenJoinStyle.
>
> I would like those definitions moved to GraphType or, better yet, to FPCanvas.

If no-one of the Lazarus team objects, I can put them in FPCanvas,
and then you can make the current definitions in Lazarus an alias for
the FPCanvas types.

Re: [Lazarus] Move simple types away from Graphics unit

Paul Ishenin
27.03.2011 18:15, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> To achieve that, Graphics unit should be removed from the dependencies.
> However, it contains various enumerations which I would like to continue using.
> For example: TFontStyle, TFontStyles, TPenEndCap, TPenJoinStyle.
>
> I would like those definitions moved to GraphType or, better yet, to FPCanvas.
Did you think that it will be delphi incompatible?

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 22:26, Paul Ishenin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 27.03.2011 18:15, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>>
>> To achieve that, Graphics unit should be removed from the dependencies.
>> However, it contains various enumerations which I would like to continue
>> using.
>> For example: TFontStyle, TFontStyles, TPenEndCap, TPenJoinStyle.
>>
>> I would like those definitions moved to GraphType or, better yet, to
>> FPCanvas.
>
> Did you think that it will be delphi incompatible?

You can reexport those in a manner similar to TPenStyle etc.

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] Move simple types away from Graphics unit

Alexander Klenin
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 22:21, Michael Van Canneyt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>
>> I am trying to write widgetset-independent version of TAChart
>> (and encourage BGRABitmap author to do the same).
>>
>> To achieve that, Graphics unit should be removed from the dependencies.
>> However, it contains various enumerations which I would like to continue
>> using.
>> For example: TFontStyle, TFontStyles, TPenEndCap, TPenJoinStyle.
>>
>> I would like those definitions moved to GraphType or, better yet, to
>> FPCanvas.
>
> If no-one of the Lazarus team objects, I can put them in FPCanvas, and then
> you can make the current definitions in Lazarus an alias for the FPCanvas
> types.

Sure. maybe you can even add corresponfing properties (Pen.EndCap,
Pen.JoinStyle etc)
with empty implementations

--
Alexander S. Klenin