[Lazarus] Major IDE editor problems

Darius Blaszyk
ZeelandNet Webmail I have two major problems with the IDE editor. As they are rather big I cannot believe they were not noted before, so before I will create a bugreport I would like to ask here first.

1. Opening a C file will result in an AV. The file is loaded, but each time you click on the editor the AV will show again
2. When making a typo in the code, resulting in invalid code the codetools will create a couple of messages in the message window, and move focus to the line with the error. It is then impossible to move the cursor to correct the error, as the focus is continuously brought back and the cursor itself as well. I now have to start an external editor to fix the problem first, then reload the corrected code in the editor before continuing.

I'm using: Lazarus 0.9.31 r30121 FPC 2.4.3 i386-win32-win32/win64

Regards, Darius

Re: [Lazarus] Major IDE editor problems

Martin Frb
On 02/04/2011 11:52, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have two major problems with the IDE editor. As they are rather big
> I cannot believe they were not noted before, so before I will create a
> bugreport I would like to ask here first.
>
> 1. Opening a C file will result in an AV. The file is loaded, but each
> time you click on the editor the AV will show again

You will need to provie a sample file. Because opening a basic
helloworld.c  does not crash for me.

And possible also the stacktace (run the ide in debugger, or with log file)

Re: [Lazarus] Major IDE editor problems

Alexander Klenin
2011/4/2  <[hidden email]>:

> I have two major problems with the IDE editor. As they are rather big I
> cannot believe they were not noted before, so before I will create a
> bugreport I would like to ask here first.
>
> 1. Opening a C file will result in an AV. The file is loaded, but each time
> you click on the editor the AV will show again
> 2. When making a typo in the code, resulting in invalid code the codetools
> will create a couple of messages in the message window, and move focus to
> the line with the error. It is then impossible to move the cursor to correct
> the error, as the focus is continuously brought back and the cursor itself
> as well. I now have to start an external editor to fix the problem first,
> then reload the corrected code in the editor before continuing.
>
> I'm using: Lazarus 0.9.31 r30121 FPC 2.4.3 i386-win32-win32/win64

Can not reproduce either problem -- Lazarus r30116, FPC 2.4.2, win32
Maybe you have some problematic package installed?

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] Major IDE editor problems

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 12:52:07 +0200
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>    ZeelandNet Webmail   I have two major problems with the IDE editor.
> As they are rather big I cannot believe they were not noted before, so
> before I will create a bugreport I would like to ask here first.
>
> 1.
> Opening a C file will result in an AV. The file is loaded, but each time
> you click on the editor the AV will show again

This works here. Can you create a backtrace and/or provide an example
file?

> 2. When making a typo in
> the code, resulting in invalid code the codetools will create a couple
> of messages in the message window, and move focus to the line with the
> error.

There should be only one message below the separator line.

> It is then impossible to move the cursor to correct the error, as
> the focus is continuously brought back and the cursor itself as well.

It should not and it does not here.

> now have to start an external editor to fix the problem first, then
> reload the corrected code in the editor before continuing.
>
> I'm using:
> Lazarus 0.9.31 r30121 FPC 2.4.3 i386-win32-win32/win64

What IDE windows do you have open?
Maybe you have installed some package that does that.

Re: [Lazarus] Major IDE editor problems

Darius Blaszyk
 You were all right, it was a malfunctioning package of mine. I fixed it
 in the mean time. Sorry for createing noise here and thanks for your
 prompt help.

 Regards, Darius