[Lazarus] Location of executable

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Has something changed recently in fpc or Lazarus, with respect to the
location of the executable produced? In my projects I have the target
file name set including a directory name (including
...$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)-$(LCLWidgetType)...) and the same directory
set for unit output. Using trunk for fpc and Lazarus very recently the
output location has switched from the directory I was expecting to the
project directory. The units are in the right place, implying the -FU
flag is set correctly for fpc. Furthermore Lazarus after compiling the
program (in the unexpected place) then tells me the file (in the
expected place) can't be found for running.

Colin

Re: [Lazarus] Location of executable

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 30 May 2018 22:41:31 +0100
C Western via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has something changed recently in fpc or Lazarus, with respect to the
> location of the executable produced? In my projects I have the target
> file name set including a directory name (including
> ...$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)-$(LCLWidgetType)...) and the same directory
> set for unit output. Using trunk for fpc and Lazarus very recently the
> output location has switched from the directory I was expecting to the
> project directory. The units are in the right place, implying the -FU
> flag is set correctly for fpc. Furthermore Lazarus after compiling the
> program (in the unexpected place) then tells me the file (in the
> expected place) can't be found for running.

My fault. Sorry. Fixed.

On 31/05/18 08:09, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 2018 22:41:31 +0100
> C Western via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Has something changed recently in fpc or Lazarus, with respect to the
>> location of the executable produced? In my projects I have the target
>> file name set including a directory name (including
>> ...$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)-$(LCLWidgetType)...) and the same directory
>> set for unit output. Using trunk for fpc and Lazarus very recently the
>> output location has switched from the directory I was expecting to the
>> project directory. The units are in the right place, implying the -FU
>> flag is set correctly for fpc. Furthermore Lazarus after compiling the
>> program (in the unexpected place) then tells me the file (in the
>> expected place) can't be found for running.
>
> My fault. Sorry. Fixed.
>
> Mattias

Indeed it is - thanks for fixing this so quickly.

Colin