[Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

[Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

William Oliveira Ferreira
I Don´t know if someone agrees if me, i think dock the Messages window into the Source Editor Window is a nice idea as it makes it easier to  manage. Just place on the same Window, aligned to bottom.

Sorry about my english, sometimes i need Google to write messages =/

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

Krzysztof
You can use ManualDock components for dock messages to source editor:
Or just use AnchorDockingDsgn/EasyDockMgrDsgn from Packages->Configure installed packages

2011/6/8 William Oliveira Ferreira <[hidden email]>
I Don´t know if someone agrees if me, i think dock the Messages window into the Source Editor Window is a nice idea as it makes it easier to  manage. Just place on the same Window, aligned to bottom.

Sorry about my english, sometimes i need Google to write messages =/

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

leledumbo
Administrator

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

William Oliveira Ferreira
Good, i'll read it later...

Thanks!

________________________________
William de Oliveira Ferreira
Bacharel em Sistemas de Informação

2011/6/8 leledumbo <[hidden email]>
I guess you haven't seen:
1) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Docking_in_the_IDE
2) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Docked_IDE
3) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Manual_Docker *older hack, don't know
if it still works

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

Flávio Etrusco

2011/6/8 William Oliveira Ferreira <[hidden email]>:

> I Don´t know if someone agrees if me, i think dock the Messages window into
> the Source Editor Window is a nice idea as it makes it easier to  manage.
> Just place on the same Window, aligned to bottom.
>
> Sorry about my english, sometimes i need Google to write messages =/

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

William Oliveira Ferreira
well i´ve read those links and i saw that with lazdockmangerdsn, it doesn't save window's size and positon. Someone faced this issue too?
________________________________
William de Oliveira Ferreira
Bacharel em Sistemas de Informação

2011/6/8 William Oliveira Ferreira <[hidden email]>
Good, i'll read it later...

Thanks!

________________________________
William de Oliveira Ferreira
Bacharel em Sistemas de Informação

2011/6/8 leledumbo <[hidden email]>
I guess you haven't seen:
1) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Anchor_Docking#Docking_in_the_IDE
2) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/New_IDE_features_since#Docked_IDE
3) http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Manual_Docker *older hack, don't know
if it still works

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

William Oliveira Ferreira
Thanks Flavio, i've joined...

2011/6/9 William Oliveira Ferreira <[hidden email]>:
> well i´ve read those links and i saw that with lazdockmangerdsn, it doesn't
> save window's size and positon. Someone faced this issue too?
> ________________________________
> William de Oliveira Ferreira

You have to explicitly save the layout using the menu under Tools in main menu.

-Flávio

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

Hans-Peter Diettrich
Flávio Etrusco schrieb:
> 2011/6/9 William Oliveira Ferreira <[hidden email]>:
>> well i´ve read those links and i saw that with lazdockmangerdsn, it doesn't
>> save window's size and positon. Someone faced this issue too?
>> ________________________________
>> William de Oliveira Ferreira
>
> You have to explicitly save the layout using the menu under Tools in main menu.

What is "lazdockmgrdsn"?

When it is an IDE docking mangager, it can use the LazarusIDE hooks, as
demonstrated in e.g. RegisterEasyDockMgr Register().

DoDi

Re: [Lazarus] Little interface improvement (i think so...)

William Oliveira Ferreira
Sorry DoDi, i wrote without "re-read" the package name, i was using easydockmgrdsgn.

Thanks Flavio, i'll try it latter...

________________________________

William Oliveira Ferreira schrieb:
> Sorry DoDi, i wrote without "re-read" the package name, i was using
> easydockmgrdsgn.

I've just uploaded another DockableIDE.patch (Mantis 19308), that makes
the EasyDockMgrDsgn work in the trunk. The undocked IDE should not be
affected by these changes (tested on Win32). Please try and report
eventual problems.

The following (optional) extensions are added by this patch:

TControl.ShowEx is a configurable version (replacement) for Show. It's
fully recursive, allowing to make all parents visible, and the top level
form can be made topmost, restored (from minimized), and moved into
screen or monitor bounds - everything configurable separately. It
modifies ShowControl, in a way that doesn't affect normal operation nor
overridden methods in derived classes. More options can be added on
demand :-)

TScreen has added BoundsRect and methods to fit a BoundsRect entirely
into screen or monitor bounds.

As mentioned in the patch notes, a couple of minor issues remain to be
fixed or specified. The DockMaster interface (base class) IMO contains
too many methods, which are not used by the IDE. In contrast FormShow is
used (conditionally) *instead* of the Creator/Layout standard
processing, what IMO only results in dangerous duplicate code in all
derived dockmasters. That's why I moved the DockMaster.ShowForm call to
the end of ShowForm, after all default processing has occured. This may
affect (simplify?) other dockmasters as well.

DoDi