[Lazarus] List down?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

just to see if my post will be shown on

lazarus-ide.org

because:

Last message date: Sat Aug 5 16:27:27 CEST 2017

... or just holiday?

Re: [Lazarus] List down?

On 08/10/2017 05:11 AM, John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
> just to see if my post will be shown on
>
> lazarus-ide.org

the list seems to be fine to me from waaaay over here...

> because:
>
> *Last message date:*/Sat Aug 5 16:27:27 CEST 2017/
>
> /
> /
>
> /... or just holiday?
> /

but i do see the same wherein the last posts were on 5 Aug 2017... five of them...

Re: [Lazarus] List down?

On 08/10/2017 02:47 PM, wkitty42--- via Lazarus wrote:

> On 08/10/2017 05:11 AM, John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
>> just to see if my post will be shown on
>>
>> lazarus-ide.org
>>

> the list seems to be fine to me from waaaay over here...
>

>> because:
>>
>> *Last message date:*/Sat Aug 5 16:27:27 CEST 2017/
>>
>> /
>> /
>>
>> /... or just holiday?
>> /
>

> but i do see the same wherein the last posts were on 5 Aug 2017...
> five of them...

Likewise in Florida.

Don Z.

Re: [Lazarus] List down?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 4:11 AM, John Landmesser via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> just to see if my post will be shown on
>
> lazarus-ide.org
>

> because:
>
> Last message date: Sat Aug 5 16:27:27 CEST 2017
>

> ... or just holiday?

The forums are far more active, and the developers seem to be fairly
active on the forums if you need a response quickly.

Re: [Lazarus] List down?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 22:33:50 -0500, R0b0t1 via Lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>The forums are far more active, and the developers seem to be fairly
>active on the forums if you need a response quickly.

Is there an NNTP interface (News) for the forums?
I find the NNTP interface more useful than web browsing...
In the case of the Lazarus and FPC mail lists GMane mirrors these as
NNTP groups.

Re: [Lazarus] List down?

On 08/12/2017 12:42 AM, Bo Berglund via Lazarus wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 22:33:50 -0500, R0b0t1 via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> The forums are far more active, and the developers seem to be fairly
>> active on the forums if you need a response quickly.
>
> Is there an NNTP interface (News) for the forums?

no... there may be an RSS feed but i'm not sure of that... i generally don't
mind forums but there are a few with interfaces that i just don't like...

> I find the NNTP interface more useful than web browsing...

i prefer email but news is ok...

> In the case of the Lazarus and FPC mail lists GMane mirrors these as
> NNTP groups.

because they're converting the list emails into news postings...