[Lazarus] Lazbuild custom options

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Is it possible to send custom options to lazbuild when building a project? .lpi files have a <CustomOptions> tag which you can use for this but I want to add extra options only when I build from lazbuild (for a running Lazarus in an external editor).

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph

Re: [Lazarus] Lazbuild custom options

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:38:54 -0500
Ryan Joseph via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to send custom options to lazbuild when building a
> project? .lpi files have a <CustomOptions> tag which you can use for
> this but I want to add extra options only when I build from lazbuild
> (for a running Lazarus in an external editor).

There is no such option.

Do you want to add options only to the project or all used packages
too?

Re: [Lazarus] Lazbuild custom options

You can use "build modes".

Regards, Michał.

W dniu 2019-02-04 o 17:38, Ryan Joseph via lazarus pisze:
> Is it possible to send custom options to lazbuild when building a project? .lpi files have a <CustomOptions> tag which you can use for this but I want to add extra options only when I build from lazbuild (for a running Lazarus in an external editor).
>
> Regards,
> Ryan Joseph

Re: [Lazarus] Lazbuild custom options

> On Feb 4, 2019, at 11:56 AM, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There is no such option.
>
> Do you want to add options only to the project or all used packages
> too?

I’m running lazbuild from an external editor (Sublime Text) and I need the error output formatted differently (I use -vbr with FPC usually). I could change the .lpi file of course but it belongs to another user who does use the Lazarus IDE and I don’t want to alter his files.

Maybe it’s a bit of an edge case but it would be useful to pipe in extra options directly.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph