[Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

[Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 6/2/19 a les 19:19, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

[The original thread was in fpc-devel, but this is a lazarus issue I think]

> El 6/2/19 a les 18:51, Sven Barth via fpc-devel ha escrit:
>
>> Would you nevertheless try with 3.2, please? Just in case it happens
>> to be the problem I had fixed in regards to Queue().
>
> The branch is fixes_3_2?

I'm having difficulties compiling lazarus with this branch.
First I tried with lazarus 1.8.4, now I'm trying with lazarus 2.0.

I compiled that branch, installed (make install), created a fpc.cfg with
fpmkcfg, put the new compiler directory (d:\pp\bin\i386-win32) as the
first one in PATH, cleaned everything in the lazarus directory (make
clean and deleting all lib directories).

This is the result of make bigide

(3104) Compiling tadiagram.pas
D:\laz_test\components\tachart\tadiagram.pas(347,38) Error: (3349) Only
static methods and static variables can be referenced through an object
type tadiagram.pas(989) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling
module, stopping

make ide generates a lazarus binary, but then I cannot install my
components:

VirtualTreeView (checked out from git)

VirtualTrees.pas(772,19) Error: No matching implementation for interface
method "SetData(const tagFORMATETC;var TagSTGMEDIUM;LongBool):LongInt;
StdCall;" found

OK, remove virtualtreeview (I don't need it in this project, after all
this is just a test).

Next TAChart fails (wait, this is included with lazarus)

tadiagram.pas(347,38) Error: Only static methods and static variables
can be referenced through an object type

OK, remove it too and jcfidelazarus,turbopoweripro and laz_fpspreadsheet
which require it.

Now I have a working ide (without those packages) and I can do some
tests, but it worries me that there's no virtualtreeview and the tachart
included with lazarus doesn't compile.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:30:24 +0100
Luca Olivetti via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 6/2/19 a les 19:19, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>
> [The original thread was in fpc-devel, but this is a lazarus issue I
> think]
>

> > El 6/2/19 a les 18:51, Sven Barth via fpc-devel ha escrit:
> >
> >> Would you nevertheless try with 3.2, please? Just in case it
> >> happens to be the problem I had fixed in regards to Queue().
> >
> > The branch is fixes_3_2?
>
> I'm having difficulties compiling lazarus with this branch.
> First I tried with lazarus 1.8.4, now I'm trying with lazarus 2.0.
>
> I compiled that branch, installed (make install), created a fpc.cfg
> with fpmkcfg, put the new compiler directory (d:\pp\bin\i386-win32)
> as the first one in PATH, cleaned everything in the lazarus directory
> (make clean and deleting all lib directories).
>
> This is the result of make bigide
>
> (3104) Compiling tadiagram.pas
> D:\laz_test\components\tachart\tadiagram.pas(347,38) Error: (3349)
> Only static methods and static variables can be referenced through an
> object type tadiagram.pas(989) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors
> compiling module, stopping

Sounds like this bug:

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Please update your Laz-fixes installation: The patch for the issue with
VirtualTreeView has been merged to fixes in r60091, that for the issue
with TAChart in r60392.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 13/2/19 a les 9:50, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:

> Please update your Laz-fixes installation: The patch for the issue with
> VirtualTreeView has been merged to fixes in r60091, that for the issue
> with TAChart in r60392.

I checked out r60392 but I still cannot compile VirtualTreeView (checked
out from github
https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus.git, branch
lazarus-master)

Am 13.02.2019 um 12:08 schrieb Luca Olivetti via lazarus:

> El 13/2/19 a les 9:50, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:
>
> I checked out r60392 but I still cannot compile VirtualTreeView
> (checked out from github
> https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus.git, branch
> lazarus-master)
>
> VirtualTrees.pas(772,19) Error: No matching implementation for
> interface method "SetData(const tagFORMATETC;var
> TagSTGMEDIUM;LongBool):LongInt; StdCall;" found
>
> Bye

No, you must use the VirtualTreeViews which comes with Lazarus (folder
components/virtualtreeview). If you absolutely want to stay with this
github version you should replace "var" in the offending methods by a
"const". I do not know, however, whether this version will cooperate
with the Online-Package-Manager (you absolutely must uninstall the VTV
of the Lazarus version!).  If that would not work you'd be forced to use
the VTV of the Lazarus installation, or you switch to Lazarus trunk in
which this version conflict is resolved.

Am 13.02.2019 um 14:17 schrieb Werner Pamler via lazarus:
> No, you must use the VirtualTreeViews which comes with Lazarus (folder
> components/virtualtreeview).
Sorry to barge in here, but is this version actively maintained again? I
distinctly remember from 2016 that it was extremely outdated and did not
incorporate upstream development at all.

Too many forks...

Martok

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

El 13/2/19 a les 14:17, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:

> Am 13.02.2019 um 12:08 schrieb Luca Olivetti via lazarus:
>
>> El 13/2/19 a les 9:50, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:
>>
>> I checked out r60392 but I still cannot compile VirtualTreeView
>> (checked out from github
>> https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus.git, branch
>> lazarus-master)
>>
>> VirtualTrees.pas(772,19) Error: No matching implementation for
>> interface method "SetData(const tagFORMATETC;var
>> TagSTGMEDIUM;LongBool):LongInt; StdCall;" found
>>
>> Bye
>

> No, you must use the VirtualTreeViews which comes with Lazarus (folder
> components/virtualtreeview). If you absolutely want to stay with this
> github version you should replace "var" in the offending methods by a
> "const".

Actually, I don't care: if the version that comes with lazarus works
that's fine for me. In fact I didn't even know that it was included,
http://wiki.freepascal.org/VirtualTreeview seems to imply you have to
get it from github.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 13/2/19 a les 16:18, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

>> No, you must use the VirtualTreeViews which comes with Lazarus (folder
>> components/virtualtreeview). If you absolutely want to stay with this
>> github version you should replace "var" in the offending methods by a
>> "const".
>

> Actually, I don't care: if the version that comes with lazarus works
> that's fine for me. In fact I didn't even know that it was included,
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/VirtualTreeview seems to imply you have to
> get it from github.

Oh, I see now that it was *not* included in lazarus 1.8.4, that's why I
originally used the version from lazarus-ccr and seeing that it wasn't
compiling I tried the one from github.

Bye
--
Luca

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 13/2/19 a les 17:10, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> El 13/2/19 a les 16:18, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
>
>>> No, you must use the VirtualTreeViews which comes with Lazarus
>>> (folder components/virtualtreeview). If you absolutely want to stay
>>> with this github version you should replace "var" in the offending
>>> methods by a "const".
>>

>> Actually, I don't care: if the version that comes with lazarus works
>> that's fine for me. In fact I didn't even know that it was included,
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/VirtualTreeview seems to imply you have to
>> get it from github.
>
> Oh, I see now that it was *not* included in lazarus 1.8.4, that's why I
> originally used the version from lazarus-ccr and seeing that it wasn't
> compiling I tried the one from github.

I added a note to the wiki that both lclextensions and virtualtreeview
are now included with lazarus.

Bye

Am 13.02.2019 um 17:18 schrieb Luca Olivetti via lazarus:
> I added a note to the wiki that both lclextensions and virtualtreeview
> are now included with lazarus.

Which article? I want to have a look and check whether it is correct.
Because the situation is more complicated: In Laz trunk (or v2.2 in the
future) all VTV files were renamed to have a "laz." prefix, and the
registered components were renamed as TLaz* (e.g. TLazVirtualStringTree
instead of TVirtualStringTree). This was made to avoid a naming conflict
if a user wants to install older oder newer versions of VTV from git or
somewhere else.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus with fpc 3.2 [was Re: [fpc-devel] Suspicion about TThread.Synchronize]

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 13/2/19 a les 23:56, Werner Pamler via lazarus ha escrit:
> Am 13.02.2019 um 17:18 schrieb Luca Olivetti via lazarus:
>> I added a note to the wiki that both lclextensions and virtualtreeview
>> are now included with lazarus.
>
> Which article? I want to have a look and check whether it is correct.

http://wiki.freepascal.org/VirtualTreeview

> Because the situation is more complicated: In Laz trunk (or v2.2 in the
> future) all VTV files were renamed to have a "laz." prefix, and the
> registered components were renamed as TLaz* (e.g. TLazVirtualStringTree
> instead of TVirtualStringTree). This was made to avoid a naming conflict
> if a user wants to install older oder newer versions of VTV from git or
> somewhere else.

:-(

Bye
--