[Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Marc Weustink-3
Hi all,
The past few years the Lazarus services were hosted by firmos.at . A
month  ago we received the sad news that the services cannot be
continued. We would like to thank Helmut for those years.

Tonight we will move the mailing list, the forum and the website. We try
to limit the downtime, but some DNS changes may take up to 2 days.

What will change.
* The website will stay the same: www.lazarus-ide.org

* Till now the mailing list is hosted by lists.lazarus.freepascal.org,
this will change to lists.lazarus-ide.org. your subscription will stay
the same.

* The forum stays at forum.lazarus.freepascal.org but is with the same
account reachable from forum.lazarus-ide.org

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Marc Weustink-3
On 26-5-2016 21:16, Marc Weustink wrote:

> Hi all,
> The past few years the Lazarus services were hosted by firmos.at . A
> month  ago we received the sad news that the services cannot be
> continued. We would like to thank Helmut for those years.
>
> Tonight we will move the mailing list, the forum and the website. We try
> to limit the downtime, but some DNS changes may take up to 2 days.
>
> What will change.
> * The website will stay the same: www.lazarus-ide.org
>
> * Till now the mailing list is hosted by lists.lazarus.freepascal.org,
> this will change to lists.lazarus-ide.org. your subscription will stay
> the same.
>
> * The forum stays at forum.lazarus.freepascal.org but is with the same
> account reachable from forum.lazarus-ide.org

Everything is moved, so now waiting till DNS changes are updated

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

wkitty42
On 05/26/2016 03:16 PM, Marc Weustink wrote:
> Hi all,
> The past few years the Lazarus services were hosted by firmos.at . A month  ago
> we received the sad news that the services cannot be continued. We would like to
> thank Helmut for those years.
>
> Tonight we will move the mailing list, the forum and the website. We try to
> limit the downtime, but some DNS changes may take up to 2 days.

looks like it is working... this is the second copy i've gotten and it contains
the new List-Id which i use for filtering to the proper folder ;)

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

aradeonas
Thank you for your works.

Regards,
Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

On 26-5-2016 23:06, [hidden email] wrote:

> looks like it is working... this is the second copy i've gotten and it
> contains the new List-Id which i use for filtering to the proper folder ;)

Oops, forgot to mention that (had to change mine too)

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
On 2016-05-26 20:16, Marc Weustink wrote:
> * The forum stays at forum.lazarus.freepascal.org but is with the same
> account reachable from forum.lazarus-ide.org

Are those two URLs mirrors, or synced between each other. eg: No matter
to which one I connect and post a message, the other URL will see that
message?

Regards,
  Graeme

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-05-26 20:16, Marc Weustink wrote:
>> * The forum stays at forum.lazarus.freepascal.org but is with the same
>> account reachable from forum.lazarus-ide.org
>
> Are those two URLs mirrors, or synced between each other. eg: No matter
> to which one I connect and post a message, the other URL will see that
> message?

yes they are the same machine/forum

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

leledumbo
Administrator
> * Till now the mailing list is hosted by lists.lazarus.freepascal.org,
> this will change to lists.lazarus-ide.org. your subscription will stay
> the same.

The list is also registered in nabble, should I update it to lists.lazarus-ide.org or lists.lazarus.freepascal.org will still work?

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Michael Van Canneyt

On Fri, 27 May 2016, leledumbo wrote:

>> * Till now the mailing list is hosted by lists.lazarus.freepascal.org,
>> this will change to lists.lazarus-ide.org. your subscription will stay
>> the same.
>
> The list is also registered in nabble, should I update it to
> lists.lazarus-ide.org or lists.lazarus.freepascal.org will still work?

You had better use lists.lazarus-ide.org.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Gabor Boros
2016. 05. 26. 23:05 keltezéssel, Marc Weustink írta:
> Everything is moved, so now waiting till DNS changes are updated

No permission to access the archives?

http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus

Gabor

Gabor Boros wrote:
> 2016. 05. 26. 23:05 keltezéssel, Marc Weustink írta:
>> Everything is moved, so now waiting till DNS changes are updated
>
> No permission to access the archives?
>
> http://lists.lazarus-ide.org/pipermail/lazarus

Thanks for noticing. Somehow the links weren't updated. Fixed.

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Mark Morgan Lloyd
Marc Weustink wrote:
> Hi all,The past few years the Lazarus services were hosted by firmos.at
> . A month  ago we received the sad news that the services cannot be
> continued. We would like to thank Helmut for those years.
> Tonight we will move the mailing list, the forum and the website.

I don't know whether anybody else is seeing this, but messages after the
switchover are coming through with excessively-long lines. Line
termination looks the same in both cases, charset has changed from
"us-ascii" to "utf-8" but is otherwise the same.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Giuliano Colla
Il 28/05/2016 11:30, Mark Morgan Lloyd ha scritto:
> I don't know whether anybody else is seeing this, but messages after
> the switchover are coming through with excessively-long lines. Line
> termination looks the same in both cases, charset has changed from
> "us-ascii" to "utf-8" but is otherwise the same.

You appear to be using a rather old version of Thunderbird: the header
of your e-mail tells:
The current version is 38.8. This may be the reason.
Here lines are properly ended to fit the viewing window.

Giuliano

Giuliano Colla wrote:

> Il 28/05/2016 11:30, Mark Morgan Lloyd ha scritto:> I don't know whether
> anybody else is seeing this, but messages after > the switchover are
> coming through with excessively-long lines. Line > termination looks the
> same in both cases, charset has changed from > "us-ascii" to "utf-8" but
> is otherwise the same.
> You appear to be using a rather old version of Thunderbird: the header
> of your e-mail tells:> User-Agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 2.0.0.24
> (X11/20100328)The current version is 38.8. This may be the reason.Here
> lines are properly ended to fit the viewing window.
> Giuliano
> -- _______________________________________________Lazarus mailing
> [hidden email]://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus

Noted, but the format of the messages being buffered on our local server
has changed, long before they get anywhere near our desktop systems. So
the version of Thunderbird (actually Debian "IceDove") might be relevant
to the final presentation, but is not the ultimate cause.

On 2016-05-28 11:40, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> The current version is 38.8.

No, I'm using v45.1.0

Regards,
  Graeme

On 28-5-2016 11:30, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Marc Weustink wrote:
>> Hi all,The past few years the Lazarus services were hosted by
>> firmos.at . A month  ago we received the sad news that the services
>> cannot be continued. We would like to thank Helmut for those years.
>> Tonight we will move the mailing list, the forum and the website.
>
> I don't know whether anybody else is seeing this, but messages after the
> switchover are coming through with excessively-long lines. Line
> termination looks the same in both cases, charset has changed from
> "us-ascii" to "utf-8" but is otherwise the same.

Other than changing list name I didn't touch the configuration, it
should be the same at the "old" list. However, after the initial
installation of mailman in 2009, it never got updated.
The new list is running the latest available in ubuntu 16.04. That may
cause the change of "us-ascii" to "utf-8".

What I have experienced at work a while ago, were I was subscribed to
the same list as at home, that at work all long lines didn't wrap
anymore. IIRC it had something to do with some intermediate mail filter
like spamassasin, rewriting headers, which couldn't handle utf8 mail
messages and making a mess of it.

Marc

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus on the move.

Paul Breneman
On 05/29/2016 09:57 AM, Marc Weustink wrote:
> What I have experienced at work a while ago, were I was subscribed to
> the same list as at home, that at work all long lines didn't wrap
> anymore. IIRC it had something to do with some intermediate mail filter
> like spamassasin, rewriting headers, which couldn't handle utf8 mail
> messages and making a mess of it.

Spam Assassin can also change the content of a scanned email slightly if
the settings aren't correct to prevent it.

That will mess up Cloudmark's fingerprint and prevent www.Cloudmark.com
Desktop from working,  I've used that for *many* years and have other
links and notes about it (ask off list).

Regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com