[Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

[Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have recently upgraded to Fedora 32 beta (though I think the packages
are pretty close to their final versions). The Lazarus IDE misbehaves -
in the editor all characters entered are doubled up. It is specific to
the editor window - other dialog boxes and my applications work fine. A
little debugging indicated that the UTF8KeyPress handler (used by
SynEdit) is being invoked twice, though I don't entirely understand the
logic used. This is with Lazarus trunk, though the same issue manifested
with the Lazarus included in the Fedora repositories, so I suspect a
recent update to glib2, or a related library.

Is anyone else seeing this, or have I been particularly ingenious in
miss-configuring my system?

Colin

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

On 25/04/2020 11:27, C Western via lazarus wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to Fedora 32 beta (though I think the
> packages are pretty close to their final versions). The Lazarus IDE
> misbehaves - in the editor all characters entered are doubled up. It
> is specific to the editor window - other dialog boxes and my
> applications work fine. A little debugging indicated that the
> UTF8KeyPress handler (used by SynEdit) is being invoked twice, though
> I don't entirely understand the logic used. This is with Lazarus
> trunk, though the same issue manifested with the Lazarus included in
> the Fedora repositories, so I suspect a recent update to glib2, or a
> related library.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this, or have I been particularly ingenious in
> miss-configuring my system?
>
> Colin

Now fixed:

(The mailing list seems to have been "stuck" for a while?)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 5:01 AM C Western via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25/04/2020 11:27, C Western via lazarus wrote:
> I have recently upgraded to Fedora 32 beta ...

[offtopic]: Fedora 32 stable was released. :-) [/offtopic]

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 09:08:58 -0300
silvioprog via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 5:01 AM C Western via lazarus <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 25/04/2020 11:27, C Western via lazarus wrote:
> > > I have recently upgraded to Fedora 32 beta ...
>

> [offtopic]: Fedora 32 stable was released
> <https://fedoramagazine.org/announcing-fedora-32/>. :-) [/offtopic]

Is there a problem on FC32?

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus not working on Fedora 32 beta

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

> Is there a problem on FC32?
>
> Mattias

At least on my system, unless

is applied, Lazarus is not usable. This definitely applied to trunk, and
my limited testing suggested older versions could be affected also.

Colin