[Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

[Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have been asked to advice on a problem occurring when installing
FPC/Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi device using a script I have published
on-line. The script retrieves all sources via svn and also sets up the
development environment using apt-get.
It also downloads the seed fpc compiler ver 3.0.0 to use during the
process.

The user shows a part of the screen output when the failure happens
during make bigide inside the source dir:

(9009) Assembling main

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(71,5) Hint: (5023) Unit
“FPCUnitTestRunner” not used in Lazarus

(9009) Assembling lazarus

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Error: (9008) Can’t
call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling

/home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Fatal: (10026) There
were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Makefile:4004: receptet för målet ”lazarus” misslyckades

Since this has worked for many users now I am wondering what could be
the cause?

One observation I did is that the messages include Swedish in the
output, so clearly this box is localized to Sweden, which I have never
tested.
Could such a localization affect some aspect of the installation from
sources?

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Easy way to check:
Launch the script using a different locale. E. G. :
LANG=C ; whatever.sh
If successful it is a matter of localization.
If it fails, a matter of environment, such as missing binutils, or something of this kind.

Giuliano

Inviato da iPhone

> Il giorno 22 nov 2018, alle ore 12:28, Bo Berglund via lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> I have been asked to advice on a problem occurring when installing
> FPC/Lazarus on a Raspberry Pi device using a script I have published
> on-line. The script retrieves all sources via svn and also sets up the
> development environment using apt-get.
> It also downloads the seed fpc compiler ver 3.0.0 to use during the
> process.
>
> The user shows a part of the screen output when the failure happens
> during make bigide inside the source dir:
>
> (9009) Assembling main
>
> /home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(71,5) Hint: (5023) Unit
> “FPCUnitTestRunner” not used in Lazarus
>
> (9009) Assembling lazarus
>
> /home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Error: (9008) Can’t
> call the assembler, error -1 switching to external assembling
>
> /home/pi/dev/lazarus/1.6/ide/lazarus.pp(150,42) Fatal: (10026) There
> were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
>
> Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
> Makefile:4004: receptet för målet ”lazarus” misslyckades
>
> Since this has worked for many users now I am wondering what could be
> the cause?
>
> One observation I did is that the messages include Swedish in the
> output, so clearly this box is localized to Sweden, which I have never
> tested.
> Could such a localization affect some aspect of the installation from
> sources?
>

> --
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

This error "Can't call the assembler..." is because of insufficient memory with the RPi.
Just add 1GB of swap and it will work.

Patrick

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus installation problem on Raspberry Pi (localized to Swedish)

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 12:12:08 +0000, Patrick Chevalley via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>This error "Can't call the assembler..." is because of insufficient memory with the RPi.
>Just add 1GB of swap and it will work.

Thanks, I had forgotten about this altogether.
On my recent boxes (RPi3 units) this seems to have worked with the
default 100 MB swap....

I have suggested the user to up swap to 100 MB while he builds the
IDE.