[Lazarus] Lazarus help

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

The following help page seems completely out of date:

https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options_Completion_Hints

The only header that can be recognized is  'Auto remove empty methods'.

I would correct it, but I have *really* no idea what the items in that dialog actually do.

at this point, I just randomly set some options and hope to see some effect
in the editor.

Quite sobering, after 15 years of working in the IDE :)

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus help

On 25/08/2019 13:23, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following help page seems completely out of date:
>
> https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options_Completion_Hints
>

> The only header that can be recognized isĀ  'Auto remove empty methods'.
>
> I would correct it, but I have *really* no idea what the items in that
> dialog actually do.

I filled in quick descriptions of each feature.

Feel free to ask, if any is unclear

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus help

On 25/08/2019 17:42, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> I filled in quick descriptions of each feature.
>
> Feel free to ask, if any is unclear
The only one I am myself totally unfamiliar with is: Add close statement
for Pascal blocks

This really belongs in the codetool config, but nobody ever took the
time to move it.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus help

On Sun, 25 Aug 2019, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> On 25/08/2019 17:42, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:
>>
>> I filled in quick descriptions of each feature.
>>
>> Feel free to ask, if any is unclear
> The only one I am myself totally unfamiliar with is: Add close statement
> for Pascal blocks

I think this means adding the 'end' after you typed a 'begin'.
Maybe it also adds a finally after a try.

> This really belongs in the codetool config, but nobody ever took the
> time to move it.

Well, meanwhile there is such a staggering amount of options that it
probably scares the bejeezus out of any beginner. Maybe we can add more
options to remedy this:

'User level:'
'Beginner'
'Untermediate'
'Expert'
Which shows ever more options, where "beginner" shows only the color scheme

;-)