[Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hi,

TStringGrid sorts everything as string!

To improve that i developed TSortGrid, derived from TStringGrid, but capable of sorting Integer, Float, Date, Time, String and show up- and down- Arrows in Titlebar.

See 

https://github.com/JohnML1/SortGrid.git

.. see demo-Folder

is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?

Thanks

John Landmesser


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 2018-05-17 12:20, John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
> To improve that i developed TSortGrid, derived from TStringGrid, but
> capable of sorting Integer, Float, Date, Time, String and show up- and
> down- Arrows in Titlebar.

That sounds like a very useful addition. Thanks for your effort and sharing.


> https://github.com/JohnML1/SortGrid.git
>
> .. see demo-Folder
>
> is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?

CCR is for community developed and maintained components, so I'm sure
your component would be welcomed.

Just to let you know, Lazarus-CCR also has a Git section, so you can
always import your existing repository into Lazarus-CCR keeping any
development history in tact. Just let the maintainers/admin people or
Lazarus-CCR know where you want to place your code.

  https://sourceforge.net/p/lazarus-ccr/_list/git?source=navbar

I've been contributing to the "dcpcrypt" git repository there.

Regards,
  Graeme

--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

My public PGP key:  http://tinyurl.com/graeme-pgp
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In reply to this post by Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Op 17-05-18 om 13:20 schreef John Landmesser via Lazarus

> TStringGrid sorts everything as string!
>
> To improve that i developed TSortGrid, derived from TStringGrid, but
> capable of sorting Integer, Float, Date, Time, String and show up- and
> down- Arrows in Titlebar.
>
> See
>
> https://github.com/JohnML1/SortGrid.git
>
> .. see demo-Folder
>
> is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?

You can also distribute it with Fppkg. The project is already on github,
adding it to the Lazarus-CCR does not add much value.

If you create an fpmake.pp file for it and send me the archive for it.
(fppkg archive) then I'll add it to the testing-repository. (btw: you
also may do this yourself, but for that you need an account and some help.)

Regards,

Joost.
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 17.05.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via Lazarus:

> Op 17-05-18 om 13:20 schreef John Landmesser via Lazarus
>> TStringGrid sorts everything as string!
>>
>> To improve that i developed TSortGrid, derived from TStringGrid, but
>> capable of sorting Integer, Float, Date, Time, String and show up-
>> and down- Arrows in Titlebar.
>>
>> See
>>
>> https://github.com/JohnML1/SortGrid.git
>>
>> .. see demo-Folder
>>
>> is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?
>
> You can also distribute it with Fppkg. The project is already on
> github, adding it to the Lazarus-CCR does not add much value.
>
> If you create an fpmake.pp file for it and send me the archive for it.
> (fppkg archive) then I'll add it to the testing-repository. (btw: you
> also may do this yourself, but for that you need an account and some
> help.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Joost.

Hi Joost,

just discovered "online package manager"

it gets the packages from http://packages.lazarus-ide.org

This online package manager is a great tool and this location seems to
be the right place?

Howto upload to this URL?

p.s. never created a fpmake.pp :-(

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 05/17/2018 07:00 PM, John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
> Am 17.05.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Joost van der Sluis via Lazarus:
> just discovered "online package manager"
>
> it gets the packages from http://packages.lazarus-ide.org
>
> This online package manager is a great tool and this location seems to
> be the right place?
>
> Howto upload to this URL?

> p.s. never created a fpmake.pp :-(

Forget it, for now. I see that it is about TStringGrid, not TStringList.
Packages that depend on the LCL are a little bit hard in fpmake.

I think adding it to packages.lazarus-ide.org is a good idea. I do not
know how to do so, but others in this link must be able to tell you.

I've had a look at your code. Woudn't it be a good idea to add a setting
on how to sort. For example: float, string, date etc? And then an
'automatic' option for the current behaviour.

Even better would be to add this option on a per-column basis.

Regards,

Joost.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
In reply to this post by Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 17.05.2018 um 13:20 schrieb John Landmesser via Lazarus:
> is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?

It was Felipe who gave me commit rights for ccr, just contact him
directly referring to this thread. You'll find his mail address by
seeking his posts in this mailing list.

But to be honest, having exerienced a series of severe downs of
SourceFourge recently, I'd not recommend anybody to post new activities
to CCR (=SourceForce) any more. You are already on github, why don't you
stay there? You just should make sure that your package is added to
OnlinePackageManager such that it is easily reachable by Lazarus - but
in the forum there is already a discussion about this.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus-ccr Access

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Am 18.05.2018 um 15:44 schrieb Werner Pamler via Lazarus:

> Am 17.05.2018 um 13:20 schrieb John Landmesser via Lazarus:
>> is that a candidate for ccr and can i get access to it?
>
> It was Felipe who gave me commit rights for ccr, just contact him
> directly referring to this thread. You'll find his mail address by
> seeking his posts in this mailing list.
>
> But to be honest, having exerienced a series of severe downs of
> SourceFourge recently, I'd not recommend anybody to post new
> activities to CCR (=SourceForce) any more. You are already on github,
> why don't you stay there? You just should make sure that your package
> is added to OnlinePackageManager such that it is easily reachable by
> Lazarus - but in the forum there is already a discussion about this.
>
done, its from today allready on Online Package Manager, OPM... a really
great package for Lazarus IDE!

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus