[Lazarus] Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

I am sure taht this question was already asked, but I can not find clear
answer.

Is there possibility to create Lazarus application with GUI which will
run on Raspberi Pi - ARM - Windows 10 IoT ?
(Target OS=Win32, Target CPU=Arm ?)

If not, is there possibility to create same application for Raspberi Pi
- ARM - Linux ?
(Target OS=Linux, Target CPU=Arm ? ... can I crosscompile from
Linux/i386 to Linux/Arm ?)

Thanks

-Laco.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017, LacaK via Lazarus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sure taht this question was already asked, but I can not find clear
> answer.
>
> Is there possibility to create Lazarus application with GUI which will
> run on Raspberi Pi - ARM - Windows 10 IoT ?
> (Target OS=Win32, Target CPU=Arm ?)
>
> If not, is there possibility to create same application for Raspberi Pi
> - ARM - Linux ?
> (Target OS=Linux, Target CPU=Arm ? ... can I crosscompile from
> Linux/i386 to Linux/Arm ?)

The latter definitely should work. I cannot comment on the former (windows).

LacaK via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sure taht this question was already asked, but I can not find clear
> answer.
>
> Is there possibility to create Lazarus application with GUI which will
> run on Raspberi Pi - ARM - Windows 10 IoT ?
> (Target OS=Win32, Target CPU=Arm ?)

 From what I've read, I fear not. I haven't tested it yet, but from what
I understand, windows IOT uses a subset of the windows api, implemented
by a different set of dlls. Besides that I wonder if fpc can generate
win32-arm startup code.

Marc

On Wednesday 22 March 2017 14:19:43 LacaK via Lazarus wrote:

> If not, is there possibility to create same application for Raspberi Pi
> - ARM - Linux ?
> (Target OS=Linux, Target CPU=Arm ? ... can I crosscompile from
> Linux/i386 to Linux/Arm ?)

Yes:
https://www.mail-archive.com/mseide-msegui-talk@.../msg08750.html

Martin

On 22.03.2017 14:50, Marc Weustink via Lazarus wrote:

> From what I've read, I fear not.
Supposedly true. AFAIK there is no support for Win IoT on ARM by fpc. I
understand that IoT on ARM is very different form Win CE - but rather
similar to Win on X86, so fpc supposedly would need a completely new target.
> I haven't tested it yet, but from what I understand, windows IOT uses
> a subset of the windows api,...
Yep. We already did test Delphi programs on Win IoT. Win IoT is lacking
any GUI API, but in our test, a Delphi generated Service ran on Win IoT
X86 without any modification. So a no-GUI Lazarus Program should run, as
well.

-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

>> I am sure taht this question was already asked, but I can not find
>> clear answer.
>>
>> Is there possibility to create Lazarus application with GUI which
>> will run on Raspberi Pi - ARM - Windows 10 IoT ?
>> (Target OS=Win32, Target CPU=Arm ?)
>>
>> If not, is there possibility to create same application for Raspberi
>> Pi - ARM - Linux ?
>> (Target OS=Linux, Target CPU=Arm ? ... can I crosscompile from
>> Linux/i386 to Linux/Arm ?)
>
> The latter definitely should work.
Is there any tutorial how-to-do-it other than
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM ?

What I did is:
1. Install Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (64 bit) into VirtualBox on Windows
2. Install Lazarus for Linux (I can compile application for host platform)
3. Try install
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/3.0.2/fpc-3.0.2.arm-linux-eabihf-raspberry.tar/download
using supplied install.sh
(some errors were reported as: Syntax error: Word unexpected (expecting"(")
After step 3 I cannot run Lazarus (probably fp.cfg was corrupted)

Il 22/03/2017 14:19, LacaK via Lazarus ha scritto:
> If not, is there possibility to create same application for Raspberi
> Pi - ARM - Linux ?
> (Target OS=Linux, Target CPU=Arm ? ... can I crosscompile from
> Linux/i386 to Linux/Arm ?)

Well, I can't swear about Linux/i386, but I'm doing it without any
trouble under Linux/x86_64, once the proper binutils and other required
stuff, such as ARM appropriate libraries are installed. It shouldn't
make a difference. On a Raspberry Pi - Arm Linux you can also install
Lazarus (I used fcplazup) and compile directly on the target.

Re: [Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

Alternate solution to my modified question (Cross-compile from Windows
to Linux/ARM):

- Download FpcUpDeluxe executable from
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases (in my case 1.2.0m)
- Run it and choose InstallDir (for example D:\TEMP\fpcupdeluxe)
- Select FPC and Lazarus version (for example FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus trunk)
- Click "Install/update FPC+Laz" (FPC and Lazarus sources will be
downloaded from SVN and build)
- Then select CPU=arm, OS=Linix and click "Install cross-compiler"
(cross-compiler and FPC unit will be compiled)

It is easy and awesome! Thank you very much for FpcUp[Deluxe]!

Unfortunately there is not mentioned on:
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi#Cross_compiling_for_the_Raspberry_Pi_from_Windows and
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup#Linux_ARM_cross_compiler ,
that this whole process is covered by FpcUpDeluxe and user is not
required do anything manualy ;-)

P.S.1
Only drawback, which I faced is, that I can not build current stable
release of FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus 1.6.4 using FpcUpDeluxe
(fpcupdeluxe-i386-win32.exe on Win8.1 64bit)
Program freezes and last entry in log is: Lazarus: lazbuild could not be
found, so cannot build USERIDE.
(configuration which works for me is FPC 3.0.2 + Lazarus trunk)

P.S.2
Interesting idea would be create utility which will build only
cross-compilers based on FPC already installed (like does FpcUpDeluxe
but without need/overhead of SVN checkout and Lazarus build
functionality). May be only ZIP archive with needed utilities + script
which will do needed tasks.

On 03/30/2017 07:24 AM, LacaK via Lazarus wrote:

> Alternate solution to my modified question (Cross-compile from Windows
> to Linux/ARM):
>
> - Download FpcUpDeluxe executable from
> https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases (in my case 1.2.0m)
> - Run it and choose InstallDir (for example D:\TEMP\fpcupdeluxe)
> - Select FPC and Lazarus version (for example FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus trunk)
> - Click "Install/update FPC+Laz" (FPC and Lazarus sources will be
> downloaded from SVN and build)
> - Then select CPU=arm, OS=Linix and click "Install cross-compiler"
> (cross-compiler and FPC unit will be compiled)
>
> It is easy and awesome! Thank you very much for FpcUp[Deluxe]!
>
> Unfortunately there is not mentioned on:
>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi#Cross_compiling_for_the_Raspberry_Pi_from_Windows
> and
>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup#Linux_ARM_cross_compiler ,
> that this whole process is covered by FpcUpDeluxe and user is not
> required do anything manualy ;-)
>
> P.S.1
> Only drawback, which I faced is, that I can not build current stable
> release of FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus 1.6.4 using FpcUpDeluxe
> (fpcupdeluxe-i386-win32.exe on Win8.1 64bit)
> Program freezes and last entry in log is: Lazarus: lazbuild could not be
> found, so cannot build USERIDE.
> (configuration which works for me is FPC 3.0.2 + Lazarus trunk)
>
> P.S.2
> Interesting idea would be create utility which will build only
> cross-compilers based on FPC already installed (like does FpcUpDeluxe
> but without need/overhead of SVN checkout and Lazarus build
> functionality). May be only ZIP archive with needed utilities + script
> which will do needed tasks.

Thank you *very* much for that information!  If no one else does, I'll
try to update those two wiki pages, and also this one:
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines

Best regards,
Paul
www.ControlPascal.com

Re: [Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

> P.S.2
> Interesting idea would be create utility which will build only
> cross-compilers based on FPC already installed (like does FpcUpDeluxe
> but without need/overhead of SVN checkout and Lazarus build
> functionality). May be only ZIP archive with needed utilities + script
> which will do needed tasks.

+1

Re: [Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

hi
With this help inf,  I could make CudaText for Linux-ARM.
Raspberry Pi 3. It works. Thanks for the info.

Alexey