[Lazarus] Lazarus/Zoom Conflict

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hello,

I have a number of Lazarus Apps that I use.  They were working fine
before I installed Zoom.  Now all of the database edit fields
when I type in them double entry.  If I type -2.5, I get "--22..55"

I am running Linux Mint Mate 18.3
cpu i7-8700

I have checked on my laptop and the apps behave normally, which I have
not installed Zoom on.

Any suggestions?

I have tried uninstalling Zoom, but the problem still persists.
I really don't want to do a reinstall of the os, and that would have to
wait until midweek.

Terry H.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus/Zoom Conflict

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
> Now all of the database edit fields
> when I type in them double entry.  If I type -2.5, I get "--22..55"

I had this one a few years ago.  There's a configuration file to change somewhere, and I'm afraid I can't remember exactly.  Searching the forum got me to the following, which feels different to the solution I used:

Try following those, and don't forget to reboot.

Mike

On Tue, 12 May 2020, Michael Thompson via lazarus wrote:

>> Now all of the database edit fields
>> when I type in them double entry.  If I type -2.5, I get "--22..55"
>
> I had this one a few years ago.  There's a configuration file to change
> somewhere, and I'm afraid I can't remember exactly.  Searching the forum
> got me to the following, which feels different to the solution I used:
>
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,39213.msg268286.html#msg268286
> https://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#Typing_in_edit_fields_generate_duplicate_letters
>
> Try following those, and don't forget to reboot.

I have linux mint, I installed zoom too recently, but I don't have the problem.
Most likely because I followed the steps outlined in the WIKI some years
ago. (I added the environment variables to my shell environment)

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus/Zoom Conflict

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 6:59 AM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

IIRC then recently a fix for that was finally applied to trunk.

--
Bart