[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.0.12.

This release was built with FPC 3.2.0.

Here is the list of changes for Lazarus and Free Pascal:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.0.0_release_notes
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User_Changes_3.2.0

Windows users should be careful with -O3 or higher optimization, due to
bug https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37305.

Here is the list of fixes for Lazarus 2.0.x:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.0_fixes_branch

The release is available for download on SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Choose your CPU, OS, distro and then the "Lazarus 2.0.12" directory.

Checksums for the SourceForge files:
http://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=checksums#2_0_12

Minimum requirements:

Windows:
  2k, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, 32 or 64bit.

FreeBSD/Linux:
  gtk 2.8 for gtk2, qt4.5 for qt, qt5.6 for qt5, 32 or 64bit.

Mac OS X:
  Cocoa (64bit) 10.12 to 10.15, Carbon (32bit) 10.5 to 10.14, qt and
  qt5 (32 or 64bit).

The svn tag is
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_2_0_12

For people who are blocked by SF, the Lazarus releases from SourceForge
are mirrored at: ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/lazarus/releases/

[Lazarus] Attn Marc: snv up please [[Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.12]]

On 24/02/2021 12:09, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.0.12.

Hi Marc, please svn up the web. Thanks

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

On 24.02.2021 12:09, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.0.12.

Thank you all for your work!

Ondrej

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

El 24/2/21 a les 12:09, Mattias Gaertner via lazarus ha escrit:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.0.12.

I just checked the help -> about lazarus and in the Contributors and
Acknowledgements tabs all the names with special characters are messed
up in win32, they're ok in linux.
I self compile lazarus from the corresponding svn tag (now
lazarus_2_0_12) with fpc 3.2.0.

Just FYI, I didn't notice any problem with utf-8 characters in my
projects (well, apart from having to specify the encoding with inifiles
and the fact that TMemInifile doesn't have a create method that allows
to specify the encoding).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 2/3/21 a les 11:27, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> and the fact that TMemInifile doesn't have a create method that allows
> to specify the encoding).

This is worse than I initially thought:

the only way to specify an encoding is to use a stream and a TIniFile
(with a TMemIniFile is impossible). The problem is, the TIniFile doesn't
free the stream when it is destroyed.
I couldn't find a way to specify an encoding after the fact (there's a
protected method SetEncoding but at that point it's too late since the
values have already been loaded in memory).
The best I could come up to, to emulate a TMemInifile and specify the
encoding, is to subclass TiniFile

TMyIniFile = class(TIniFile)
   public
     constructor Create(const fname:string);
     destructor Destroy;override;
end;

constructor TMyIniFile.Create(const fname: string);
begin
   inherited Create(TFileStream.Create(fname, fmOpenReadWrite),
Encoding.UTF8);
   CacheUpdates:=true;
end;

destructor TMyIniFile.Destroy;
begin
   inherited Destroy;
   Stream.Free;
end;

and hoping that in a newer release fpc still doesn't free the stream or
uses FreeAndNil so the Stream.Free doesn't bomb out.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 2/3/21 a les 12:13, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> El 2/3/21 a les 11:27, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
>
>> and the fact that TMemInifile doesn't have a create method that allows
>> to specify the encoding). >
> This is worse than I initially thought:
>
> the only way to specify an encoding is to use a stream and a TIniFile
> (with a TMemIniFile is impossible). The problem is, the TIniFile doesn't
> free the stream when it is destroyed.
> I couldn't find a way to specify an encoding after the fact (there's a
> protected method SetEncoding but at that point it's too late since the
> values have already been loaded in memory).
> The best I could come up to, to emulate a TMemInifile and specify the
> encoding, is to subclass TiniFile

BTW, by looking at

https://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus#RTL_with_default_codepage_UTF-8

none of this should be necessary, yet it is. A bug somewhere or the wiki
page is not correct?

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 2/3/21 a les 13:13, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> El 2/3/21 a les 12:13, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
>> El 2/3/21 a les 11:27, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
>>
>>> and the fact that TMemInifile doesn't have a create method that
>>> allows to specify the encoding). >
>> This is worse than I initially thought:
>>
>> the only way to specify an encoding is to use a stream and a TIniFile
>> (with a TMemIniFile is impossible). The problem is, the TIniFile
>> doesn't free the stream when it is destroyed.
>> I couldn't find a way to specify an encoding after the fact (there's a
>> protected method SetEncoding but at that point it's too late since the
>> values have already been loaded in memory).
>> The best I could come up to, to emulate a TMemInifile and specify the
>> encoding, is to subclass TiniFile
>
> BTW, by looking at
>
> https://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus#RTL_with_default_codepage_UTF-8
>

> none of this should be necessary, yet it is. A bug somewhere or the wiki
> page is not correct?

It turns out that my lazarus under windows was configured to use FPC
3.2.0 *BETA*, not the released version.
With 3.2.0 proper everything seems to be fine.
Sorry for the noise.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Release 2.0.12

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
El 3/3/21 a les 9:42, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:

> With 3.2.0 proper everything seems to be fine.

Well, not really. I forgot about this:

Could somebody look into it? Even with my fix I'm having other problems
with sdfdataset that I'm currently investigating.

After all, there was a reason why I was still using an older version of
fpc ;-)

Bye