[Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

silvioprog
2011/2/1 <[hidden email]>
[...]
(I use them a lot in Delphi, and miss them sorely in Lazarus).

+1.

But I kept the design in my todo list.

Wow \o/.

Michael.

Thanks Michael.

--
Silvio Clécio
Blog. blog.silvioprog.com.br

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

silvioprog
2011/2/1 <[hidden email]>

I never use them, since switching project without completely closing the
former project on Delphi is troublesome if you use relative paths.

I have never experienced something like this. Would you please explain?

+1. I use them since 12 years, with 50+ projects in one group. Never a glitch.

Michael.

+1². I use them since 3 years. Never a glitch.

--
Silvio Clécio
Blog. blog.silvioprog.com.br
Twitter. twitter.com/silvioprog

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

silvioprog
2011/2/1 Sven Barth <[hidden email]>
Am 01.02.2011 14:35, schrieb Marco van de Voort:
If I change from checkout1 to checkout2 or from project to project, files
opened that exist in both source and the target project remain opened, but
are the wrong versions.

That's why I have not experienced that problem yet ^^

+1 ^^'

Silvio Clécio
Blog. blog.silvioprog.com.br
Twitter. twitter.com/silvioprog

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

Zaher Dirkey

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Marco van de Voort <[hidden email]> wrote:
I never use them, since switching project without completely closing the
former project on Delphi is troublesome if you use relative paths.

Same, i dislike ProjectGroup. Maybe show a dialog for recent opened files is more easy/best way.

--
Zaher Dirkey

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

Alexander Klenin
2011/2/2 silvioprog <[hidden email]>:
> 2011/2/1 Graeme Geldenhuys <[hidden email]>
>>
>> As a work-around, increase the 'recent file' and 'recent project' count
>> from 5 (default) to say 20. This then allows you to easily get to all
>> your common projects.
>>
> I already do :T. But I wanted to distribute the file.

How about a trivial implementation:
add "Favorites" sub-menu to the Project menu,
with the list of project similar to "Recent", but user-editable
instead of auto-managed?

It will not cover all use cases of project groups, but may be a start.

--
Alexander S. Klenin

2011/2/2 Zaher Dirkey <[hidden email]>
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Marco van de Voort <[hidden email]> wrote:
I never use them, since switching project without completely closing the
former project on Delphi is troublesome if you use relative paths.

Same, i dislike ProjectGroup. Maybe show a dialog for recent opened files is more easy/best way.

--
Zaher Dirkey

I'm a project group fan. ^^

Please, see this picture:

http://imagebin.org/135698

Context menu:

http://imagebin.org/135699

IMHO, recent project isn't good as the project group.

(The demo with dpg in attached).

--
Silvio Clécio
Blog. blog.silvioprog.com.br
Twitter. twitter.com/silvioprog

bpg.zip (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

Graeme Geldenhuys
Op 2011-02-02 05:21, Zaher Dirkey het geskryf:

> Same, i dislike ProjectGroup. Maybe show a dialog for recent opened
> files is more easy/best way.

Delphi's Project Group are not just about a collection of related
projects. You can do many other things too, with a single click. Build
all projects in a group, Build from selected project downwards etc...

Regards,
  - Graeme -