[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE uses old keyboard layout after OS changed it.

[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE uses old keyboard layout after OS changed it.

Is this a known issues? If I run Lazarus IDE (LCL-GTK2) on either Linux
or FreeBSD, and say my keyboard layout is set to US. Now if I change the
keyboard layout to say Dvorak while Lazarus IDE is open, then Lazarus
IDE still uses the US layout (I think), while the rest of the OS and any
running applications uses the new Dvorak layout.

I have hit this problem many times in recent weeks jumping between
various Linux VM's.

To rectify the problem I have to close Lazarus IDE down, then start it
up again. Then the IDE uses the right keyboard layout. It's as if
LCL-GTK2 doesn't react to a keyboard layout event change from X11 or
something. But other applications (also GTK2 based) like Pluma/gEdit
update without problems.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus IDE uses old keyboard layout after OS changed it.

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:34:44 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is this a known issues? If I run Lazarus IDE (LCL-GTK2) on either Linux
> or FreeBSD, and say my keyboard layout is set to US. Now if I change the
> keyboard layout to say Dvorak while Lazarus IDE is open, then Lazarus
> IDE still uses the US layout (I think), while the rest of the OS and any
> running applications uses the new Dvorak layout.

It works here on LCL-GTK2 Ubuntu.

On 2017-03-29 11:47, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> It works here on LCL-GTK2 Ubuntu.

Umm. I can give more details on the VM I see this happen the most. I'm
running CentOS 6.6 using JWM window manager and have two scripts that I
run to switch keyboard layouts.

Here is one such script.

==========================
#!/bin/sh

setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us -variant dvorak

How did you change the keyboard layout under Ubuntu? Via the Ubuntu
keyboard applet or setxkbmap or xmodmap etc?

I'll switch my scripts to using xmodmap instead and see if that makes
any difference. JWM doesn't run taskbar/panel applets (eg: networking,
keyboard layout etc), so I have to do it manually via other X11 utilities.

Regards,
  Graeme