[Lazarus] Lazarus GUI on Ubuntu Mate 20.04 using black dropdown, how to change?

[Lazarus] Lazarus GUI on Ubuntu Mate 20.04 using black dropdown, how to change?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I needed to use Lazarus on my Ubuntu Mate laptop, which recently got upgraded
from 18.04 to 20,04. I have several versions of Lazarus (2.0.6, 2.0.8, 2.0.10)
but they seem all to behave the same...

My grief is:
1) I do not like these black window headers with text in dark gray making it
hard to read the captions.

2) But worst, the dropdown boxes in the Object inspector where one is supposed
to select from a number of property options only show as a solid black rectangle
when used!
If I move across with the mouse I can view the text of the options, but only one
at a time!

This is a terrible behaviour!

Is there any way to change it?
If so how?

I am not often using the Ubuntu desktop since I use my Linux machines remotely
via ssh for the most part. But programming that way is hard so I tried to use
Lazarus, and I am pretty sure it was OK before the recent update of Ubuntu...
Can someone savvy with Ubuntu please advice how to fix this?