[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

[Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I have just installed fpc 3.0.4 + Lazarus 2.0.2 from svn sources on a
pristine Raspberry Pi4B with 4GB RAM.
All of the commands my script performs finished OK and the IDE is
installed without errors.

But now (again) on a first ever start of the newly installed Lazarus I
am greeted by a pop-up dialog:

     Error in EditorMacroScript
The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros)
has detected a problem and was deactivated.
The package failed its selftest with the message:
"Replace All [Exp: True / Got: False]"
    [OK]

It was a while now since I last installed on the bare metal from svn
but still this problem pops up. It has done that every time I can
remember and I even posted here back in 2016 about it.

Apparently nothing has been done, and I do not know what the
pascalscript really does in the IDE so I cannot say if I will be hit
with some unexplainable error down the road.

Can someone please explain what this is and how to stop the problem
from happening? I think I am not alone having it appear...

And I know it will not show anymore, but I want to know what caused it
and what is unavailable/not working now that it is deactivated.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 2.0.2 EditorMacroScript error on first startup RPi4B

On 09/07/2019 19:03, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:

> I have just installed fpc 3.0.4 + Lazarus 2.0.2 from svn sources on a
> pristine Raspberry Pi4B with 4GB RAM.
>
> But now (again) on a first ever start of the newly installed Lazarus I
> am greeted by a pop-up dialog:
>
>       Error in EditorMacroScript
>
> It was a while now since I last installed on the bare metal from svn
> but still this problem pops up. It has done that every time I can
> remember and I even posted here back in 2016 about it.
>
> Apparently nothing has been done, and I do not know what the
> pascalscript really does in the IDE so I cannot say if I will be hit
> with some unexplainable error down the road.

Yep nothing has been done since.... (Except for me hoping, that one day
I have the time prioritized to install Laz on a RP myself....)
Well the underlying PasScript was updated (not sure if in 2.0.x but in
trunk). But that seems to have done little for arm.

The error happens once only, the result is stored and EMS disabled.
There is an entry in the Tools > Options to enable it again (or check
the xml files in your conf)

PasScript sometimes needs to call code from the project (i.e. binary code).
For this it needs to pass params, in the correct registers/stack. Since
that can change (calling convention), the IDE performs a selftest.

It finds that PS does not work on your platform.

There is an alternative calling mechanism. I did not test that yet.
Compile the IDE with:
   -dPasMacroNoNativeCalls
Then enable the test again.

---------
Before you try that define, check if the following patch (currently
applied) is actually needed
https://github.com/User4martin/pascalscript/commit/269faf94db7be08f243aa1b1f55b28624e0692d5

It is something that is not in the original. Not sure though if correct
or not.

You can also test this patch (or its absence) by running the testcase in
the PascalScript package.