[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Mattias Gaertner
The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.

Minimum requirements:
Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit

This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4 was
built with that too).

The svn tag is
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1

Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.

Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Paul Ishenin
02.08.12, 5:35, Mattias Gaertner пишет:

> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
>
> Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.
>
> Minimum requirements:
> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
> Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit
>
> This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4 was
> built with that too).
>
> The svn tag is
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1
>
> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>
> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.

Also the list of changes:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_release_notes

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

silvioprog
2012/8/1 Paul Ishenin <[hidden email]>:

> 02.08.12, 5:35, Mattias Gaertner пишет:
>>
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for
>> download at the SourceForge download page:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
>>
>> Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.
>>
>> Minimum requirements:
>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
>> FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
>> Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit
>>
>> This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4
>> was
>> built with that too).
>>
>> The svn tag is
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1
>>
>> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release
>> candidates.
>>
>> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>

> Also the list of changes:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_release_notes
>
> Best regards,
> Paul Ishenin

Congratulations to all the for the great work!

--
Silvio Clécio

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Sven Barth
Am 01.08.2012 23:35, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
>
> Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.
>
> Minimum requirements:
> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
> Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit
>
> This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4 was
> built with that too).
>
> The svn tag is
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1
>
> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>
> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.

How long will the RC phase roughly take? I ask, beceause I'm currently
(this week till next Thursday) not at work where I'd need to test our
projects.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Michael Schnell
Hurray !!

-Michael

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Reinier Olislagers
On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
<snip>
> Minimum requirements:
> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
Mmm, Win98.... interesting.
And no Win XP ;)

(And, just for interest, if win98 is supported, why isn't NT4 supported?
I know they're different code bases but are the NT4<>Win2K differences
bigger than Win98<>Win2K?)

<snip>
Anyway, congrats and many thanks to all for the hard work!

Regards,
Reinier

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Paul Ishenin-2
02.08.2012 15:41, Reinier Olislagers пишет:
> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> <snip>
>> Minimum requirements:
>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> Mmm, Win98.... interesting.
> And no Win XP ;)

XP is supported "by default" :) And nobody tested on NT4 I think.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 08:56:56 +0200
Sven Barth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 01.08.2012 23:35, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> > The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
> >
> > Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.
> >
> > Minimum requirements:
> > Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> > FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
> > Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit
> >
> > This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4 was
> > built with that too).
> >
> > The svn tag is
> > http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1
> >
> > Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
> >
> > Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>
> How long will the RC phase roughly take? I ask, beceause I'm currently
> (this week till next Thursday) not at work where I'd need to test our
> projects.

At least two weeks.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

michael.vancanneyt

Wonderful job, guys !

Michael.

Am 02.08.2012 09:53, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

> On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 08:56:56 +0200
> Sven Barth<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Am 01.08.2012 23:35, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
>>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
>>>
>>> Choose your CPU / OS / distro and then the 1.0RC1 directory.
>>>
>>> Minimum requirements:
>>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
>>> FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
>>> Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit
>>>
>>> This release has been built with fpc 2.6.0 (the former release 0.9.30.4 was
>>> built with that too).
>>>
>>> The svn tag is
>>> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_1_0_RC1
>>>
>>> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>>>
>>> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>>
>> How long will the RC phase roughly take? I ask, beceause I'm currently
>> (this week till next Thursday) not at work where I'd need to test our
>> projects.
>
> At least two weeks.

Thank you.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Howard Page-Clark
On 01/8/12 10:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.

Installed on 64-bit Win 7 flawlessly.

I like the new Windows installer options "Install chm files", and Clean
up: "Delete all user config files from previous installs".
Haven't checked yet whether these are available on other OSs.

The installer somehow has a more professional feel to it.

Howard

Howard Page-Clark <[hidden email]> hat am 2. August 2012 um 11:06 geschrieben:> On 01/8/12 10:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/
>
> > Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>
> Installed on 64-bit Win 7 flawlessly.
>
> I like the new Windows installer options "Install chm files", and Clean
> up: "Delete all user config files from previous installs".
> Haven't checked yet whether these are available on other OSs.
>
> The installer somehow has a more professional feel to it.

I guess this was meant as a compliment.

About delete all user config files:
On other OSs packages are not installed with a user account, but with a system account, so the user(s) is not known.
The IDE now warns if it finds older configs and asks if it should upgrade or abort. Formerly it silently upgraded the configs.
This avoids some accidental overrides when installing multiple Lazarus versions.

About chm files:
The Windows, OS X and Linux deb and rpm packages now includes chm files and lhelp as viewer.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Reinier Olislagers
On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
<snip>
> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>
> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.

1. Could somebody update the twitter feed that appears on the Lazarus
site? It still mentions 0.9.30

2. Win98 OSR2 4.10.2222B, 128MB RAM VM,
lazarus-1.1-38111-fpc-2.6.0-20120802-win32.exe
2.1 had problems opening http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files
with IE6.
Probably due to ancient IE or too many people downloading ;)
2.2 Installer won't run:
error message "The program does not support the version of Windows your
computer is running"

Perhaps linked due to the Inno Setup compiler version (see my other post)?

Thanks,
Reinier

On 2-8-2012 11:42, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> <snip>
>> Please, let me know if you find any problems with these release candidates.
>>
>> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>>

> 1. Could somebody update the twitter feed that appears on the Lazarus
> site? It still mentions 0.9.30
>
> 2. Win98 OSR2 4.10.2222B, 128MB RAM VM,
> lazarus-1.1-38111-fpc-2.6.0-20120802-win32.exe
Oops, accidentally reported the wrong installer.
Actually did use the real RC1,
lazarus-1.0 RC1-fpc-2.6.0-win32.exe, 110,130,017 bytes reported by dir.
> 2.2 Installer won't run:
> error message "The program does not support the version of Windows your
> computer is running"

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Mark Morgan Lloyd
Paul Ishenin wrote:
> 02.08.2012 15:41, Reinier Olislagers ?????:> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias
> Gaertner wrote:>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus
> 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:>
> <snip>>> Minimum requirements:>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or
> 64bit> Mmm, Win98.... interesting.> And no Win XP ;)
> XP is supported "by default" :) And nobody tested on NT4 I think.

The last version of FPC that will run on NT4 is 2.4.2 due to widechar
issues. In practice I think this limits Lazarus to 0.9.30 (without fixes).

http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18600
http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18803

I mention this for information only, not because I'm trying to campaign
for a fix.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> <snip>
>> Minimum requirements:
>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
> Mmm, Win98.... interesting.
> And no Win XP ;)
>
> (And, just for interest, if win98 is supported, why isn't NT4 supported?
> I know they're different code bases but are the NT4<>Win2K differences
> bigger than Win98<>Win2K?)

There's a few API entry points added to W2K (which I think are also in
'98) that tend to give problems in earlier OSes. We've got a few app
servers running NT4 and I believe that somebody in this ML has it on
rack-mounted "industrial" computers, but I sympathise with the
developers in saying that there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Working from memory, there's an API in XP to set DLL path that isn't in
W2K. This can cause installers problems, it's fairly common to have
programs which are supposed to run on W2K or even NT but are packaged
using an installer that requires XP.

On 2-8-2012 12:39, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
>> Mmm, Win98.... interesting.
>> And no Win XP ;)
>>
>> (And, just for interest, if win98 is supported, why isn't NT4 supported?
>> I know they're different code bases but are the NT4<>Win2K differences
>> bigger than Win98<>Win2K?)
>
> There's a few API entry points added to W2K (which I think are also in
> '98) that tend to give problems in earlier OSes. We've got a few app
> servers running NT4 and I believe that somebody in this ML has it on
> rack-mounted "industrial" computers, but I sympathise with the
> developers in saying that there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
Totally agreed that a line needs to be drawn. I'm fine with wherever it
lands (as long as XP+ is still in it, for now ;) ).

And thanks for your earlier post.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Reinier Olislagers
On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
<snip>
> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
Dutch Windows 2000 SP4, 5.00.2195, virtual machine, 1024MB RAM
OK:
- Installer shows no Russian. Don't know if that is intentional or not
(shown are catala, deutsch, english, espanol, francais, italiano,
nederlands, norsk, portugues (brasil), portugues (portugal), suomi)
+ Clean install (no previous Laz versions) works
+ Barchart demo compiles, step by step debugger works.
+ Keyword help on "implementation" works.
+ Changing language from Dutch to English works (after Lazarus restart,
as expected)

+ Reinstall over just installed version works
+ Deleting previous config works: language is reset to Dutch

I'd like to thank the people involved again - having e.g. the help ready
out of the box really is a very nice touch and will help a lot of beginners.

Thanks,
Reinier

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 release candidate 1 available for download

Martin Frb
On 02/08/2012 11:56, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> <snip>
>> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
> Dutch Windows 2000 SP4, 5.00.2195, virtual machine, 1024MB RAM
> OK:
> - Installer shows no Russian. Don't know if that is intentional or not
> (shown are catala, deutsch, english, espanol, francais, italiano,
> nederlands, norsk, portugues (brasil), portugues (portugal), suomi)
It is intentional.
It is the ansi version of inno. So unless you have a Russian locale, and
have the ansi codepage set for Russian....

On 2-8-2012 13:38, Martin wrote:

> On 02/08/2012 11:56, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> On 1-8-2012 23:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce that Lazarus 1.0RC is available
>>> for download at the SourceForge download page:
>> <snip>
>>> Also let me know if you installed it without any problem.
>> Dutch Windows 2000 SP4, 5.00.2195, virtual machine, 1024MB RAM
>> OK:
>> - Installer shows no Russian. Don't know if that is intentional or not
>> (shown are catala, deutsch, english, espanol, francais, italiano,
>> nederlands, norsk, portugues (brasil), portugues (portugal), suomi)
> It is intentional.
> It is the ansi version of inno. So unless you have a Russian locale, and
> have the ansi codepage set for Russian....
Got it - should have thought first ;)