[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Mattias Gaertner

The Lazarus team is glad to announce the 0.9.30 release. This release
is based on fpc 2.4.2.

This release is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Minimum requirements:
Windows:       98, 2k, Vista, 7, 32 or 64bit
FreeBSD/Linux: gtk 2.8 or qt4.5, 32 or 64bit
Mac OS X:      10.4, LCL only 32bit, non LCL apps can be 64bit

Highlights / Major changes:

LCL:
* Windows CE: support for clipboard and keypad devices
* GTK2 and GTK1 interfaces are now separated.
  GTK1 is no longer maintained by the Lazarus team,
  but patches are still welcome.
* fpGUI: the LCL interface to fpGUI now supports all components
  on the standard page.
* QT: support for Haiku
* Layout and autosizing is now more consistent across widgetsets,
  overhead was reduced, improved cross platform layouts and complex forms.
* Added gif reader
* TLazIntfImage - New function AlphaBlend, which can alpha blend
  an intfimage into another, using a separate intfimage as the
  alpha channel.
* Unit chart and its component TBarChar are deprecated.
  See the new package TAChartLazarusPkg.

IDE:
* Support for FPC resources:
  You can now use {$R *.lfm} instead of {$i unit1.lrs}.
* The Delphi converter has improved a lot.
* Build modes, build macros and conditionals now allows
  different sets of compiler options for projects and packages.
* Editor
    * Hiding (Folding) of comments in Pascal source.
    * Allow Multiple Source-Editor Windows
    * Allow several Views of the same Source
    * User-defined color-schemes.
    * Identifier-completion pop-up is now resizeable
* Project compiler options can now be saved as default for new projects.
* When opening a project only those forms are opened
  that were open when project was closed.
* Various designer usability improvements:
    * arrow and tab keys switching between components
    * resize/move cancellation using ESC key
    * save/restore of the form window state in the project session
    * skip snapping when Alt key is pressed
* When creating a new project the default unit output directory
  is now lib/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS). Target file name is project1.
  This has no impact on old projects.
* IDE now preserves the line endings of source files (it uses
  the line ending of the first line, it does not preserve mixed
  line endings).
* You can now quickly switch between several versions / branches of
  packages by defining the preferred package file name for each dependency.
* You can now use the IDE directive %H- to hide individual hints,
  notes and warnings.
* The IDE can be made dockable. Install either the package
  AnchorDockingDsgn or EasyDockMgrDsgn.
* The ToDo list was moved to a separate package: todolistlaz.lpk.
* Czech translation added

Debugger / Editor
* Inserted/Deleted lines during a debug session are now tracked.
  Breakpoints and Execution-line are adjusted.
* Step out command implementation (by Flavio)
* Show execution point command
* Single Instruction step (over/into)
* UI Improvements: Toolbars for Watches, Breakpoints, Disassembler
* Watches: Enabled display formats (mem-dump, Hex, Default, ..)
* Disassembler added navigation: jump to address / return to execution point
* Improved reaction speed: It is possible to continue stepping
  without having to wait for all watches, locals, ... to be evaluated

Components:
* The IDE got some options to become easier for students and pupils
  and there is a new package EducationLaz adding options to hide
  complex parts of the IDE
* New AggPas (Anti Grain Geometry for Object Pascal) package,
  now supporting FPImage and LCL. AggPas highlights: Subpixel rendering,
  8-bit alpha channel, paths, platform independent rendering using
  pure pascal
* TAChart update, including: stacked and rotated series, 3 new types
  of series, axis transformations, interactive tools, 6 new demos and
  other improvements

And thousands of fixes and smaller changes. The detailed list of changes can be
found here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.30_release_notes

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Vladimir Zhirov
Great news!

Should the following notice be deleted from release notes:
"Lazarus 0.9.30 is not yet released. This page is under
construction!" ?

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Alexander Klenin
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 23:04, Vladimir Zhirov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great news!
>
> Should the following notice be deleted from release notes:
> "Lazarus 0.9.30 is not yet released. This page is under
> construction!" ?

Done.

--
Alexander S. Klenin

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Mark Morgan Lloyd
Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the 0.9.30 release. This release
> is based on fpc 2.4.2.
>
> This release is available for download at the SourceForge download page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/

Please excuse the stupid question, but where is it tagged on SVN?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Vincent Snijders
2011/3/28 Mark Morgan Lloyd <[hidden email]>:

> Please excuse the stupid question, but where is it tagged on SVN?

http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/tags/lazarus_0_9_30/

Vincent

ik

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

ik
Great news :)

Sent it to some local open source news site.

Ido

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 13:50, Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Flávio Etrusco
> * The IDE can be made dockable. Install either the package
>  AnchorDockingDsgn or EasyDockMgrDsgn.

In my setup none of them store layout. If it's not just me, shouldn't
the release notes make it clear this is experimental?

Best regards,
Flávio

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Mattias Gaertner
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:41:41 -0300
Flávio Etrusco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > * The IDE can be made dockable. Install either the package
> >  AnchorDockingDsgn or EasyDockMgrDsgn.
>
> In my setup none of them store layout. If it's not just me, shouldn't
> the release notes make it clear this is experimental?

I added a note.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Bernd Kreuss
2011/3/28 Mattias Gaertner <[hidden email]>:

> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the 0.9.30 release. This release
> is based on fpc 2.4.2.

Somebody should notify heise.de, it seems they have missed it.

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 released

Hans-Peter Diettrich
Flávio Etrusco schrieb:
>> * The IDE can be made dockable. Install either the package
>>  AnchorDockingDsgn or EasyDockMgrDsgn.
>
> In my setup none of them store layout. If it's not just me, shouldn't
> the release notes make it clear this is experimental?

Just tested with the current release: EasyDockManager preserves the layout.

I only had problems with the common Lazarus configuration, that imported
the packages from the wrong directory (trunk installation). Using --pcp
is a must, and IMO the default config location should be the Lazarus
directory, so that multiple installations don't conflict. When Lazarus
doesn't install into the (write protected) Programs folder on Windows,
it could install into Home on Linux as well.

DoDi