[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Peter Williams
Hi All,

Today I downloaded these 2 files: lazarus-0.9.30-i386.deb.tar & fpc-2.4.2-0.i386.deb.tar and after unarchiving them I did a "sudo dpkg -i *"

Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:

System default is missing

The system default lazarus executable is missing, but
your customexecutable is still there:
/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus
This will be started ...

Lazarus directory not found

The current Lazarus directory "/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/"
does not look correct.
Without it You will not be able to create LCL applications.
Check Environment -> Environment Options -> Files

I tried changing the directory to "/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30/"

Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Best Regards,
Peter / pew


--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Mattias Gaertner
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:58:42 +1100
Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi All,
> Today I downloaded these 2 files: lazarus-0.9.30-i386.deb.tar & fpc-2.4.2-0.i386.deb.tar and after unarchiving them I did a "sudo dpkg -i *"
> Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:
> System default is missing
> The system default lazarus executable is missing, butyour customexecutable is still there:/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarusThis will be started ...

It started your old Lazarus executable. Not the new 0.9.30.
That's because startlazarus does not search in many places. I will
extend that. But the change will not be in the 0.9.30 release.
Change the Lazarus directory to the new directory and restart the IDE.
The errors should be gone.

Alternative: Close IDE, delete your config directory: ~/.lazarus, start
IDE. Then you get the settings of the debian package.


> Lazarus directory not found
> The current Lazarus directory "/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/"does not look correct.Without it You will not be able to create LCL applications.Check Environment -> Environment Options -> Files
> I tried changing the directory to "/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30/"

What do you mean with 'tried'? Did you get an error message that the
directory is not a Lazarus directory?


> Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Probably because you mixed versions.


Mattias

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Peter Williams
In reply to this post by Peter Williams
Hi All,


From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:58:42 +1100
Subject: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

>Hi All,

>Today I downloaded these 2 files: lazarus-0.9.30-i386.deb.tar & fpc-2.4.2-0.i386.deb.tar and after unarchiving them I did a "sudo dpkg -i *"

This system was unstable and another call to dpkg deleted it.

I would appreciate any advice on installing Lazarus 0.9.30 on Linux Mint 10.

>Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:

>System default is missing

>The system default lazarus executable is missing, but
>your customexecutable is still there:
>/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus
>This will be started ...

>Lazarus directory not found

>The current Lazarus directory "/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/"
>does not look correct.
>Without it You will not be able to create LCL applications.
>Check Environment -> Environment Options -> Files

>I tried changing the directory to "/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30/"

>Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

>Best Regards,
>Peter / pew

Best Regards,
Peter / pew

-- _______________________________________________ Lazarus mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Mattias Gaertner
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:59:41 +1100
Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> >Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:
> >System default is missing

Startlazarus now shows the system default file name.


> >The system default lazarus executable is missing, but>your customexecutable is still there:>/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus>This will be started ...

I just installed the deb packages. Startlazarus found the right
Lazarus executable. It looks in the same place where the startlazarus
executable is located. So, unless you forgot to install a package, I
have no idea how you managed the above error.

Mattias

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] SOLVED - RE: Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Peter Williams
Hi Mattias,

> Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:34:22 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."
>
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:59:41 +1100
> Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > >Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:
> > >System default is missing
>
> Startlazarus now shows the system default file name.
>
>
> > >The system default lazarus executable is missing, but>your customexecutable is still there:>/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus>This will be started ...
>
> I just installed the deb packages. Startlazarus found the right
> Lazarus executable. It looks in the same place where the startlazarus
> executable is located. So, unless you forgot to install a package, I
> have no idea how you managed the above error.
I did a clean installation of Lazarus 0.9.31 with the subversion command on this page:


>
> Mattias

Best Regards,
Peter / pew

> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] SOLVED - RE: Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Mattias Gaertner
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 01:38:24 +1100
Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Mattias,
>
> > Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:34:22 +0200
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."
> >
> > On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:59:41 +1100
> > Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > >[...]
> > > >Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:
> > > >System default is missing
> >
> > Startlazarus now shows the system default file name.
> >
> >
> > > >The system default lazarus executable is missing, but>your customexecutable is still there:>/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus>This will be started ...
> >
> > I just installed the deb packages. Startlazarus found the right
> > Lazarus executable. It looks in the same place where the startlazarus
> > executable is located. So, unless you forgot to install a package, I
> > have no idea how you managed the above error.
> I did a clean installation of Lazarus 0.9.31 with the subversion command on this page:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus

And then?


Mattias

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] SOLVED - RE: Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."

Peter Williams
Hi Mattias,

> Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 16:55:43 +0200
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] SOLVED - RE: Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."
>
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 01:38:24 +1100
> Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >
> > Hi Mattias,
> >
> > > Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:34:22 +0200
> > > From: [hidden email]
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Lazarus 0.9.30 Linux Mint 10 installation fails... Build Lazarus gives "Error..."
> > >
> > > On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 05:59:41 +1100
> > > Peter Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > >[...]
> > > > >Selecting Applications / Programming / Lazarus (0.9.30) gives:
> > > > >System default is missing
> > >
> > > Startlazarus now shows the system default file name.
> > >
> > >
> > > > >The system default lazarus executable is missing, but>your customexecutable is still there:>/home/peter/.lazarus/bin/lazarus>This will be started ...
> > >
> > > I just installed the deb packages. Startlazarus found the right
> > > Lazarus executable. It looks in the same place where the startlazarus
> > > executable is located. So, unless you forgot to install a package, I
> > > have no idea how you managed the above error.
> > I did a clean installation of Lazarus 0.9.31 with the subversion command on this page:
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus
>
> And then?
>

And then I have a working copy of Lazarus 0.9.31 for Linux Mint 10. End of story. That's why the subject of the email was prefaced with "SOLVED".

> Mattias
>

Best Regards,
Peter / pew

> --
> _______________________________________________
> Lazarus mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus