[Lazarus] LAZARUS editor

Zelimir Ikovic
All files like unit1.pas or so is always divided into 2 section:
interface and implementation

When I open a file it shows whole file. It would be nice if I have an option to open it and see it through two edit windows placed on same form:
UPPER edit window to see interface and LOWER to se implementation.
Then when I click to let say:

line in UPPER edit window in lower window it jump on correspondig line

  ShowMessage('Hello World');

Re: [Lazarus] LAZARUS editor

Mattias Gaertner
On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 07:24:23 -0800 (PST)
Zelimir Ikovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All files like unit1.pas or so is always divided into 2 section:
> interface and implementation
>
> When I open a file it shows whole file. It would be nice if I have an option to open it and see it through two edit windows placed on same form:
> UPPER edit window to see interface and LOWER to se implementation.
> Then when I click to let say:
>
> procedure Button2Click(Sender: TObject);
>
> line in UPPER edit window in lower window it jump on correspondig line

> begin
>   ShowMessage('Hello World');
> end;

Do you know the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down?

Re: [Lazarus] LAZARUS editor

Martin Frb
On 12/02/2011 15:24, Zelimir Ikovic wrote:
> All files like unit1.pas or so is always divided into 2 section:
> interface and implementation
>
> When I open a file it shows whole file. It would be nice if I have an option to open it and see it through two edit windows placed on same form:
> UPPER edit window to see interface and LOWER to se implementation.
> Then when I click to let say:

Unfortunately not yet possible, the best you can do is using multiply
windows, and "lock" one to the interface section, so it will not be
scrolled away:
http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/2010/04/page-locking-or-multiply-editor-windows.html

splitting editor within one window is on the todo list, but no date for
it yet

Re: [Lazarus] LAZARUS editor

Zelimir Ikovic
Here is pic attached:

> When I open a file it shows whole file. It would be nice if
> I have an option to open it and see it through two edit
> windows placed on same form:
> UPPER edit window to see interface and LOWER to se
> implementation.
> Then when I click to let say:
>
> procedure Button2Click(Sender: TObject);
>
> line in UPPER edit window in lower window it jump on
> correspondig line

> begin
>   ShowMessage('Hello World');
> end;