[Lazarus] It's alive !

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

Finally, the moment has come:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

Following up on a bounty offered, Dmitry Boyarintsev has accomplished milestone one
in the implementation of FPC's webassembly backend.

And: It's alive ! :-)

The first result can be seen here:

https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/lyff/

Conway's game of life written using FPC:

- FPC itself for the WebAssembly Backend library.
- pas2js for the necessary Javascript front end and GUI code.

Although I can't imagine why you would want to, you can also load the
webassembly from plain Javascript:

https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/lyff/lyffjs.html

Whoever thought Pascal is dead, should now think otherwise.
It's very much alive !

Enjoy,

Michael.

PS. More info about the webassembly efforts will be assembled here:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/WebAssembly
It's a bit cursory at the moment, but will be improved as things evolve -
once it's alive, it tries to stay alive ;)

Re: [Lazarus] It's alive !

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Yes, it's alive thanks to you and other like you (FPC and Lazarus developers) , but a big % of people have hard prejudices on Pascal so i'm starting my son (14 yeah old) on this beautiful world because at school is planned C++ with DevC++,
which future to expect?
Salvatore
Il giorno 21 Set 2019, alle ore 15:23, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Re: [Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] It's alive !

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 15:22:54 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>[...]
> The first result can be seen here:
>
> https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/lyff/
>
> Conway's game of life written using FPC:
>
> - FPC itself for the WebAssembly Backend library.
> - pas2js for the necessary Javascript front end and GUI code.

Amazing!
I hope to see it soon in trunk.

Re: [Lazarus] [Pas2js] It's alive !

Wonderful !