[Lazarus] It is a beautiful day...

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

For those of you that don't follow the SVN logs closely:

The IDE now has proper support for Project groups.
Project groups already existed for some time, but were crippled.

With 2 additions they are now actually very useful:

- You can let Ctrl-F9 compile the current target in a project group, and that
   includes for instance a package !
   (you can set this in Tools - Options - Project groups)

- "Find in files" now has the option 'Search in project group'

They now offer all functionality as in Delphi. In difference with the latter,
their use is entirely optional...

My heartfelt thanks to Mattias for completing the 'Project group' functionality !

Re: [Lazarus] It is a beautiful day...

Little improvement:

Highlight the current compiling project:

Why?

Think of a package with examples all called project1, so you don't know
which project eventually throws an error?!!

Thanks for project-groups!!

Am 11.07.19 um 17:46 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus:

> Hello,
>
> For those of you that don't follow the SVN logs closely:
>
> The IDE now has proper support for Project groups.
> Project groups already existed for some time, but were crippled.
>
> With 2 additions they are now actually very useful:
>
> - You can let Ctrl-F9 compile the current target in a project group,
> and that
>   includes for instance a package !
>   (you can set this in Tools - Options - Project groups)
>
> - "Find in files" now has the option 'Search in project group'
>
> They now offer all functionality as in Delphi. In difference with the
> latter,
> their use is entirely optional...
>
> My heartfelt thanks to Mattias for completing the 'Project group'
> functionality !
>
> Michael.

Re: [Lazarus] It is a beautiful day...

Sounds interesting. Can i have a package that installs
components/controls only available to the project group instead of
globally? I often want to have components (and sometimes controls)
available on the component palette but not for every project, but so
far i see packages need to be installed "lazarus-wide" to expose
components to the component palette.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019, Kostas Michalopoulos via lazarus wrote:

> Sounds interesting. Can i have a package that installs
> components/controls only available to the project group instead of
> globally? I often want to have components (and sometimes controls)
> available on the component palette but not for every project, but so
> far i see packages need to be installed "lazarus-wide" to expose
> components to the component palette.

There is a feature request to have named configurations of the component palette.

When that is available, one could associate a named configuration to a project
group, and this does what you need.