[Lazarus] Is there a TSpinButton component in Lazarus?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Lazarus] Is there a TSpinButton component in Lazarus?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
When I thought that I was close to getting through all of the problems
porting an application from Delphi (I think D7-D2007) to FPC/Lazarus I
ran across TSpinButton, which is located on a form where config items
are set up.
Since Lazarus is unable to load this form I cannot see what it does or
how it looks like.

Is there any such component avilable for Lazarus?
According to Google there seems to be a "TSpinButton" in Delphi, but I
cannot find it in Delphi7 at least (but I have also lost TSpinEdit
from Delphi7...).
What does TSpinButton do and is there a Lazarus companion?

And is there a way in Lazarus to search for a component instead of
flipping through all of the palette tabs looking for a candidate
image?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

--
_______________________________________________
lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Is there a TSpinButton component in Lazarus?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On 21.09.2020 00:49, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
> When I thought that I was close to getting through all of the problems
> porting an application from Delphi (I think D7-D2007) to FPC/Lazarus I
> ran across TSpinButton, which is located on a form where config items
> are set up.
> Since Lazarus is unable to load this form I cannot see what it does or
> how it looks like.

Delphi has TUpDown and TSpinButton. If I am correct they are very
similar (TUpDown being the WIndows native and TSpinButton being a custom
control).

> Is there any such component avilable for Lazarus?

The LCL has only the TUpDown.


> According to Google there seems to be a "TSpinButton" in Delphi, but I
> cannot find it in Delphi7 at least (but I have also lost TSpinEdit
> from Delphi7...).
> What does TSpinButton do and is there a Lazarus companion?
>
> And is there a way in Lazarus to search for a component instead of
> flipping through all of the palette tabs looking for a candidate
> image?

Main Menu -> View -> Components.

Ondrej

--
_______________________________________________
lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Is there a TSpinButton component in Lazarus?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 08:20:33 +0200, Ondrej Pokorny via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 21.09.2020 00:49, Bo Berglund via lazarus wrote:
>> When I thought that I was close to getting through all of the problems
>> porting an application from Delphi (I think D7-D2007) to FPC/Lazarus I
>> ran across TSpinButton, which is located on a form where config items
>> are set up.
>> Since Lazarus is unable to load this form I cannot see what it does or
>> how it looks like.
>
>Delphi has TUpDown and TSpinButton. If I am correct they are very
>similar (TUpDown being the WIndows native and TSpinButton being a custom
>control).
>
>> Is there any such component avilable for Lazarus?
>
>The LCL has only the TUpDown.
>
>
>> And is there a way in Lazarus to search for a component instead of
>> flipping through all of the palette tabs looking for a candidate
>> image?
>
>Main Menu -> View -> Components.
>

Thanks this was useful!

I could change the code to use TUpDown instead and the form looks OK
now in Lazarus. Had to hand edit outside of lazarus...


But now I have very strange errors when I am using Quick Compile to
check syntax:

FormTaskProperties.pas(38,14) Error: Identifier not found
"TDateTimePicker"
FormTaskProperties.pas(38,29) Error: Error in type definition
FormTaskProperties.pas(38,5) Error: Symbol cannot be published, can be
only a class
FormTaskProperties.pas(39,14) Error: Identifier not found
"TDateTimePicker"
FormTaskProperties.pas(39,29) Error: Error in type definition
FormTaskProperties.pas(39,5) Error: Symbol cannot be published, can be
only a class

it happens on these lines (38 and 39) in the source at the top where
all form components are listed:

    dtpDate: TDateTimePicker;
    dtpTime: TDateTimePicker;

If I switch to form view the two controls are perfectly visible, which
I don't think would happen if the control is unknown.

And the component itself *is* available on the Lazarus component
palette (Common Controls).

What is causing this really strange error???
And what can I do about it?
Doing a build instead of Quick Compile does not help, same errors...


--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

--
_______________________________________________
lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Is there a TSpinButton component in Lazarus?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Maybe a) project don't "require" (project options) needed package for
DateTimeCtrl. b) LFM file misses something, check it.
> What is causing this really strange error???
> And what can I do about it?
> Doing a build instead of Quick Compile does not help, same errors...

--
Regards,
Alexey

--
_______________________________________________
lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.lazarus-ide.org/listinfo/lazarus