[Lazarus] Is the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn gone?

[Lazarus] Is the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn gone?

vfclists .

I have done a few builds of Lazarus trunk today, and in all of them the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 appears to be missing, unless it has been moved somewhere else.

It is the menu for saving and loading the Window layout.

I also see that there is now a Code and a Design window. Is that why the menu is gone now?

Is there a new docking scheme installed by default in Lazarus trunk?
--
Frank Church

Re: [Lazarus] Is the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn gone?

leledumbo
Administrator

It's been changed to a concept of multiple desktops, which can auto save active layout, import and export whatever saved layout and also set one specifically for debugging. See: http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/Lazarus-IDE-Desktops-redesign-td4047450.html#a4047456

On 4 July 2016 at 20:46, vfclists . <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have done a few builds of Lazarus trunk today, and in all of them the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 appears to be missing, unless it has been moved somewhere else.

It is the menu for saving and loading the Window layout.

I also see that there is now a Code and a Design window. Is that why the menu is gone now?

Is there a new docking scheme installed by default in Lazarus trunk?

Ignore the last two questions. I was using the Codebot version from getlazarus.org, but the question about theh AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 remains though?

--
Frank Church

Re: [Lazarus] Is the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn gone?

Denis Kozlov
On 6 July 2016 at 14:51, vfclists . <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 4 July 2016 at 20:46, vfclists . <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have done a few builds of Lazarus trunk today, and in all of them the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 appears to be missing, unless it has been moved somewhere else.

It is the menu for saving and loading the Window layout.

The menu for saving and loading anchored window layout is in Main Menu > Tools > Desktops (Lazarus 1.7 r52643).

Denis

On 6 July 2016 at 15:06, Denis Kozlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 6 July 2016 at 14:51, vfclists . <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 4 July 2016 at 20:46, vfclists . <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have done a few builds of Lazarus trunk today, and in all of them the menu for AnchorDockingDsgn 0.5 appears to be missing, unless it has been moved somewhere else.

It is the menu for saving and loading the Window layout.

The menu for saving and loading anchored window layout is in Main Menu > Tools > Desktops (Lazarus 1.7 r52643).

Denis

 Thanks, a lot of people are going to get caught out by this change.

--
Frank Church