[Lazarus] Install packages dialog on MacOS

[Lazarus] Install packages dialog on MacOS

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Hello,

The 'Install packages' dialog has 2 edit boxes to filter the list of
installed or not yet installed packages. On MacOS, I can type in the left
edit field to filter the list of installed packages. But I cannot type in
the right edit box. This is a reproducible problem for me.

This is a vanilla Lazarus 2.0.6 install on MacOS, not on Catalina, still on Mojave.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

Re: [Lazarus] Install packages dialog on MacOS

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
2.1.0 on Catalina doesn't have this problem for what it's worth.

> On Dec 13, 2019, at 9:19 AM, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> The 'Install packages' dialog has 2 edit boxes to filter the list of
> installed or not yet installed packages. On MacOS, I can type in the left
> edit field to filter the list of installed packages. But I cannot type in
> the right edit box. This is a reproducible problem for me.
>
> This is a vanilla Lazarus 2.0.6 install on MacOS, not on Catalina, still on Mojave.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
>
> Michael.

        Ryan Joseph

Re: [Lazarus] Install packages dialog on MacOS

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 4:19 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The 'Install packages' dialog has 2 edit boxes to filter the list of
> installed or not yet installed packages. On MacOS, I can type in the left
> edit field to filter the list of installed packages. But I cannot type in
> the right edit box. This is a reproducible problem for me.

I recently resolved a similar issue report:
as "won't fix" because the Mac development resources go to Cocoa now.
Anyway the problem sounds strange. Both controls are TTreeFilterEdit
from LazControls. They should behave identically.
When did this problem occur? Is there a certain revision causing it?

On Sat, 14 Dec 2019, Juha Manninen via lazarus wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 4:19 PM Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The 'Install packages' dialog has 2 edit boxes to filter the list of
>> installed or not yet installed packages. On MacOS, I can type in the left
>> edit field to filter the list of installed packages. But I cannot type in
>> the right edit box. This is a reproducible problem for me.
>
> I recently resolved a similar issue report:
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30491
> as "won't fix" because the Mac development resources go to Cocoa now.
> Anyway the problem sounds strange. Both controls are TTreeFilterEdit
> from LazControls. They should behave identically.
> When did this problem occur? Is there a certain revision causing it?

Like I said, it is an official install from 2.0.6, not from SVN.