[Lazarus] Impressive web development

Graeme Geldenhuys-3
Hi,

I just came across this on Google+ - probably the most impressive web
app I've ever seen. It is called Codenvy and is a fully functional
zero-configuration integrated development environment.

  http://ow.ly/LBJUa

Are we going to see such a web based Lazarus IDE soon? ;-)  It should
help stop all those FPC & Lazarus installation issue support emails. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

brian
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:32:30 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just came across this on Google+ - probably the most impressive web
>app I've ever seen. It is called Codenvy and is a fully functional
>zero-configuration integrated development environment.
>
>  http://ow.ly/LBJUa ?
>
>Are we going to see such a web based Lazarus IDE soon? ;-)  It should
>help stop all those FPC & Lazarus installation issue support emails. :)

On behalf of those of us with the misfortune to live in areas where
you have no alternative to capped satellite internet connections (or
worse yet, dial-up - there are still a few such unfortunates here in
Maine) I sincerely hope not!

Brian.

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

aradeonas
Brian can I ask what is your average internet speed?

Regards,
Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

aradeonas
I agree with you Graeme.
But its web development may be very hard.

Is there any one here have more information from such like this service?

Regards,
Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service

On 2015-04-15 23:23, brian wrote:
> I sincerely hope not!

I was simply joking. I know full well of capped internet with terrible
speeds. Until recently, I lived in South Africa, and that is not the
place for reliable fast internet. 384Kb broadband is still very popular
there, and 3G gives a bit more speed (around 1Mb) but very expensive.

Even now with fast internet, I still prefer offline help systems,
desktop applications to cloud based apps.

I was just in awe of what some developers have accomplished with web
technologies - a far cry from web pages 10 years ago.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

Kostas Michalopoulos
Turbo Pascal 3 on my IBM 5150 PC can build and run programs faster than it took this thing on an enterprise-level internet connection to build whatever it builds and tell me that it cannot connect to the sample application's page.

So, yeah, no i'd also prefer these things to not become commonplace.
.

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:26:50 -0700, you wrote:

>Brian can I ask what is your average internet speed?

It depends on the time of day. My net connection is capped two ways,
firstly total throughput, up and down combined, is limited to 250
MB/day, except between 0200 and 0700 my time, when it's unmetered.

Secondly, the connection is capped at 3 Megabits/sec down, 256
Kilobits/sec up, but I only see that in the off-peak periods. In the
early evening, I've seen download speeds as low as dialup (i.e. 50
kilobits per second) and you don't even want to know about upload - it
can take 15-20 seconds to send a standard e-mail.

Brian.

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

Dave Coventry
Have you moved Graeme?

Where are you now?

On 2015-04-16 15:49, Dave Coventry wrote:
> Have you moved Graeme?
> Where are you now?

3 years ago to England.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

aradeonas
Thank you.

Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free

Re: [Lazarus] Impressive web development

Leonardo M. Ramé
Nah, for web development leave me with Vim and I'll be happy.

El 14/04/15 a las 17:32, Graeme Geldenhuys escibió: