[Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

[Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I wanted to follow up on a concept OI ran past everyone last Friday.

Here is the final product of a tool I created to encourage programming students to learn programming in a fun way.

The tool called Image Shop, allows users to drop image manipulation functions on a design surface. They can wire up and organize their function to create new and different effects. They can also rebuild the program with more functions to create new and interesting image effects.

An overview and video with links to sources and binaries is available here:

Re: [Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

Very nice.  Reminds me of the power of DirectShow utility GraphEdit: back in the day that did a lot to de-mystify video processing for me.

Many thanks (for this, and for the build scripts you provided, I still use them :-) )

Mike

Re: [Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

Re: [Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Thanks, I have found one problem though. One some Linux systems it would seem when creating a 32 bpp png image occasionally the red and blue channels are reversed when accessing pixels through the scanline property of TPortableNetworkGraphic. I am not sure what is the determining factor that causes the red and blue channels to be swapped and thus cannot create a solution to correct the problem.

Re: [Lazarus] Image Shop, a tool for students learning to program

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 10:21 PM Anthony Walter via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wanted to follow up on a concept OI ran past everyone last Friday.
>
> Here is the final product of a tool I created to encourage programming students to learn programming in a fun way.
>
> The tool called Image Shop, allows users to drop image manipulation functions on a design surface. They can wire up and organize their function to create new and different effects. They can also rebuild the program with more functions to create new and interesting image effects.
>
> An overview and video with links to sources and binaries is available here:
>
> https://www.getlazarus.org/learn/tutorials/examples/imageshop/

Very impressive!
SN: there is a typo on README: "...functions using the Free Pascal
langauge..." << "language"

regards,
Marcos Douglas