[Lazarus] Ignore or Deinstall-Reinstall?

[Lazarus] Ignore or Deinstall-Reinstall?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
During the first run of Lazarus after the installation of the current
version of Raspios on a Pi B 8GB it get this error message:

"The package EditorMascroScript (pascal script macros) has detected a
problem and was deactivated. The package failed its self test with the
message "Replace All [Exp: True/Got False]".

After restart of Lazarus, this message is not shown again, and the
Pascal Script Tab is visible.

Can I safely ignore this error message or should I deinstall and install
this package?

The current Raspios Distro contains Lazarus 2.0.0+dfsg-2, SVN Revision
Debian package 2.0.0 arm-linux-gtk2.

Regards - Joe

Re: [Lazarus] Ignore or Deinstall-Reinstall?

On 04/06/2020 18:08, Joe via lazarus wrote:

> During the first run of Lazarus after the installation of the current
> version of Raspios on a Pi B 8GB it get this error message:
>
> "The package EditorMascroScript (pascal script macros) has detected a
> problem and was deactivated. The package failed its self test with the
> message "Replace All [Exp: True/Got False]".
>
> After restart of Lazarus, this message is not shown again, and the
> Pascal Script Tab is visible.
>
> Can I safely ignore this error message or should I deinstall and
> install this package?
>
> The current Raspios Distro contains Lazarus 2.0.0+dfsg-2, SVN Revision
> Debian package 2.0.0 arm-linux-gtk2.

I am not sure that will work on arm (or whatever cpu you have).
Pascalscript has some arm support, but not sure it is good enough.

The error is about macros in the source editor.
You can use normal macros, but not macros with Pascalscript.

See
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,50059.msg364619.html#msg364619

Am 04.06.2020 um 18:13 schrieb Martin Frb via lazarus:

> On 04/06/2020 18:08, Joe via lazarus wrote:
>> During the first run of Lazarus after the installation of the current
>> version of Raspios on a Pi B 8GB it get this error message:
>>
>> "The package EditorMascroScript (pascal script macros) has detected a
>> problem and was deactivated. The package failed its self test with
>> the message "Replace All [Exp: True/Got False]".
>>
>> After restart of Lazarus, this message is not shown again, and the
>> Pascal Script Tab is visible.
>>
>> Can I safely ignore this error message or should I deinstall and
>> install this package?
>>
>> The current Raspios Distro contains Lazarus 2.0.0+dfsg-2, SVN
>> Revision Debian package 2.0.0 arm-linux-gtk2.
>>

> I am not sure that will work on arm (or whatever cpu you have).
> Pascalscript has some arm support, but not sure it is good enough.
>
> The error is about macros in the source editor.
> You can use normal macros, but not macros with Pascalscript.
>
> See
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,50059.msg364619.html#msg364619

Thank you, Martin.

On 6/4/2020 9:13 AM, Martin Frb via lazarus wrote:

> The error is about macros in the source editor.
> You can use normal macros, but not macros with Pascalscript.
I got the same error message when I re-installed Lazarus 2.0.8 on macOS
(High Sierra)

> See
> https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,50059.msg364619.html#msg364619

Will check this out if this applies in my case too

Ralf