[Lazarus] Ide won't

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list

I recently installed linux mint 18.2 on a laptop I use for coding. I then installed lazarus 1.8.2, using fpc 3.04-2_amd64.deb and fpc-src_3.04-2_amd64.deb. Everything seemed to install OJ, but when I start the ide, the Free Pascal icon comes up, then disappears and the compiler doesn't run. I tried completely reinstalling but that didn't help. What ast do I try next?

Re: [Lazarus] Ide won't

On Wed, 30 May 2018, larrydalton71 via Lazarus wrote:

> I recently installed linux mint 18.2 on a laptop I use for coding. I then installed lazarus 1.8.2, using fpc 3.04-2_amd64.deb and fpc-src_3.04-2_amd64.deb. Everything seemed to install OJ, but when I start the ide, the Free Pascal icon comes up, then disappears and the compiler doesn't run. I tried completely reinstalling but that didn't help. What ast do I try next?

Try starting it from a terminal. You will then normally see any error
messages that are output to the console. This should help us for further
analysis of the problem.

Re: [Lazarus] Ide won't

On Wed, 30 May 2018 23:36:11 -0400
larrydalton71 via Lazarus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently installed linux mint 18.2 on a laptop I use for coding. I then installed lazarus 1.8.2, using fpc 3.04-2_amd64.deb and fpc-src_3.04-2_amd64.deb. Everything seemed to install OJ, but when I start the ide, the Free Pascal icon comes up,

Just to make sure: You mean the Lazarus splash screen, right?

> then disappears and the compiler doesn't run.

The IDE, not the compiler, right?

> I tried completely reinstalling but that didn't help. What ast do I try next?

Please open a terminal and run

startlazarus

You should get some output.